1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

When "IT" happens (what ever IT may be)

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ShawnDow, Sep 25, 2012.

1. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

not sure what to make of your question.

I like primitive camping. IE.. hike out into nature with a backpack and large knife.. hike back in a week later.

build your own sleeping nests.. etc.

some of us live on farms. some of us lived on farms with no power.

i'm sure plenty of people can make it if they plan and try..
  2. 1LoneWolf75

1LoneWolf75 Active Member

I currently am back on a farm:D. My folks farm can lose power at the slightest wind, did when I lived there anyway. They went 2 weeks without power back in '02 and said when it came back that they kinda liked not havin it. I don't know how many could do an extended stay without. If shtf I think about 50%will die off in the first year due to inability to survive, disease, famine, etc. About half of whats left will probably die off in fights fer food and territory. I might be wrong but Mother don't suffer the weak or foolish.
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I'm old enough, and country enough, to remember those days. No electricity, no indoor plumbing, no indoor sewage system, no gas, or propane, no washing machine, no TV, we did have a radio. The phone was a party line, and we thought that because of the phone modern technology was great! And gasoline was $0.199 a gallon. We used sand from the creek, water, and clorine bleach, along with a home made broom, to scrub the rough cut plank floors. Washed our cloths in a wash pot over a fire, and had to haul our drinking/cooking water from the neighbors well. And yes, those were the good old days!
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

http://freetrappers.org.au/

theres only 12 veterans in this group of just over 1800 across 4 states here

the west have there own version another 1400 folks or so just 2 groups in Australia

take a look at their links ( lots o US folks )

you'd be surprised i reckon , if you took a look
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012