When to use your weapon...

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by hogger129, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

Without putting personal information out on the web but to answer your questions or in this case the blanks I’m a firearms/ tactics instructor for an agency within the DHS, Federal Agent, and military vet. I’m also a college graduate and expert witness like your hero. I’m also a completive shooter. I don’t get in people’s faces after a match and tell them that they only won or beat me by blind luck…like Masaad Ayoob. I don’t take well known tactics and firearms skills and call them my own design…like Masaad Ayoob. Most importantly I don’t walk around with my chest out like an arrogant jerk…like Masaad Ayoob. I can have my opinion and I don’t think he is all that great no matter how much HE SAYS IT. I don't think I'm one up on him but I do think there are much better instructors out there.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  2. zfk55

zfk55 New Member

Of course you are. Whatever.
    The field (such as it is) is yours.

zfk55
  3. zfk55

zfk55 New Member

Irritating when everyone doubts your credentials isn't it. Particularly when the man you're slamming has a track record and can prove his.
    Sounds like petty sour grapes to me, and its always convenient when you "can't put personal information on the web". :rolleyes::D

zfk55
  4. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

Listen it doesn't matter what I put your going to throw insults and rants. I’m not posting my resume on the internet but instead try this for me, look at some of the creds your hero posted and look them up for what they really are. I think you may see my point. I don’t have sour grapes, I’m very well paid for what I do and I live a blessed life. You seem to think of yourself as an expert so what do you have to back it up? :)

P.S. How does Massad Ayoob prove his track record?
    gunfights? Law enforcement career? His experience stems from working armed in a jewelry store at age 12.
  5. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    A lot of competitive shooters here on this site, don't know any completive shooters so maybe that is a step up. DHS is a large umbrella and includes a plethora of agencies, most of them redundant. Federal agent could mean you work for the Dept. of Agriculture. On a site like this its kind of hard to turn around without running into a veteran, and some of us have taught law enforcement officers. Some of us have don't believe a thing you say.
  6. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

Oh I misspelled your right that never happens on this site. I don’t have to proof myself to anyone and I have stated elsewhere whom I work for. I'm sure that no one has done as much as you guys have done and only your opinion really matters. I will be sure to keep my opinions to myself because that is what this site is all about. :rolleyes:

Your name is fitting.
  7. zfk55

zfk55 New Member

This needs to end here for me. Agentwil, the fact is that Mr. Ayoob both reads and sometimes posts on The High Road. He does read other firearms forums as well. Its like someone is slamming you when you're in the room and behaving as if you weren't there. Not too cool, Agentwil. Not too cool at all. I doubt you'd appreciate Old Grump and me discussing you between ourselves in a derogatory manner in this forum as if you weren't here or ever would be.

I sincerely doubt your credits. Nobody claiming your credits would be as reactive and full of venom for an accomplished man as Ayoob is and you'd have more personal self control. If you were a teacher you'd certainly not be able to impart good situation judgement and reaction to a student. You seem to have a hair trigger where Ayoob is concerned and somehow I think it probably applys to others you consider or imagine as being "competition". hmm

As for me, I'm only expert in my three fields of endeavour, but I don't teach anyone anything at all. I've been self employed all of my business life and of the three of the family businesses I own one and manage the other two. I don't chest beat and I don't slam my competition, real or imagined.

I'll leave you to your world, but I sincerely hope you think twice about slamming anyone's credits openly on the net, particularly when the firearms world in general disagrees with your analysis of his talents.

zfk55
  8. Merick The Red

Merick The Red New Member

Lets not forget. The entire subject of concealed carry boils down to a single governing fact that is brutal in its simplicity. Its the one fact every single armed American has in common.

We carry, so we can Kill

And thats it, pure and simple. You can tack on all reasons you want, "We carry, so we can kill (to protect ourselves and loved ones) or (to protect our home) are common reasons, but not the only ones.

All Laws, rules and regulations are cancled the moment one of us is forced to act, forced to kill to protect.

So take the time to understand your true motives and reasons for wanting to carry. What are you willing to kill a person over? Think about it, because the answer to your question will very person to person according to their own reasons. Your reasons are what matter, because you are the one with the gun.

As Armed Citizens, we use our weapon when we are forced too, period. And by forced, I mean the act of choice has been taken from us, forcing us to kill or be killed or to protect.

We must be responsible, we must know the law and obey it and we must understand our true motives so we can make good decisions.
  9. lentz

lentz Former Guest

When all else fails

I hope it never happens,I will do all I can to keep it from happening.I will try to run,beg ,plead.but if all else fails and no other way out,and the gun comes out,there will be no "stop or I'll shoot" or counting to three.Once the gun leaves the holster it's going off.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  10. Merick The Red

Merick The Red New Member

Exactly. This is the mindset of a responsible armed citizen.

The idea of "running away, begging, pleading" make me sick to think about. But the idea of killing someone for the sake of my pride is worse.

Anybody willing to kill someone simply to protect their pride needs to lock it up and step back. They value their pride more than a mans life, and that makes them dangerous.

I have carried for over 4 years (A full size .45 Glock 21), and I wouldnt hesitate to kill to protect myself or someone else, but thats it.
  11. zfk55

zfk55 New Member

Well, user.....
    I've read and reread your original post and found it contains a mixture of logic and illogic, at least where Montana law and logic might be concerned, but thanks for your take.
  12. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    You're right about the name and I will defend anybody getting slammed for no reason other than the fact they aren't here to defend themselves. Just like I would do for you. Same as I would do in answer to the OP's question. I would defend somebody with lethal force if their life was in danger with whatever I had on hand to defend it with. Preferably a gun, I'm to old to be swinging swords and I'm a lousy knife thrower.