When will we stop this insanity

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by UncleFudd, Oct 15, 2009.

1. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

Arlen Spectre defects, Snow votes with the Dems, McCain is RNC/ DNC etc. The list goes on and all of you see it every day just as do I.

I have watched and read this forum for several years and even posted a time or two. The point is I have gained a confidence in the intelligence, wisdom and knowledge of the guys and gals who make contributions here. It is the reason I am choosing to send my questions and comments to you all for discussion and possible answers.

Making this post specific, is the Arlen Spectre situation. Here is a senator who was elected by majority vote as a "Republican" representative for the people of his state.
    He is not his own boss, he now works for the "PEOPLE" they pay his salary and they dictate what they want him to do to represent, their needs for a better life in their respective state. Therein lay the rub.

This guy decides he doesn't want to be a Republican at some point (prior) to the end of his term. Who the hell is he to make this decision in the middle of the term he is responsible to complete for the voters? He didn't really even have a reason except to promote his own political career. WHAT!!

He was elected to work for the people as a "Republican" senator. His responsibility is to perform his duties of this office for the term as outlined by our laws. He took an oath and swore to this responsibility before and was approved by congress.

When do "we the people" have recourse for failure to perform his sworn duties and responsibilities?
    When will we the people begin to stand up and put these clowns on notice for their actions?
    More important, Do we have a cause for action against him and others when they fail to meet the duties and responsibilities as set forth for each of them?

I think this is a prime example of why we are in the mess we are in now and why our elected officials are doing such as they are with "health care" for example. In spite of our wishes to the contrary, they are going to pass this crap onto us and shove it down our throat. Through town meetings, fax, phone and letters we have made it abundantly clear that we want our system fixed and we do not want a government run system because we all know there is no such thiing as a successful "anything" if it is run by the government. In fact because we turn out by the millions to shout out our feelings, they brand us "teabaggers or terrorists, etc.

Can we sue this guy for what he has done and will we ever stand up and stop further, in-your-face disrespect? I would lead the attempt and I do plan to investigate our actions in my state for future reference and possible action.

What say you folks?

UncleFudd
  2. topper

topper New Member

I have been asking the same questions, UncleFudd. At this point, IMO, i don't think we the people have anymore recourse. It seems that any and all of our complaints fall on deaf ears. Congress is so out of control, that a total cleansing is about the only thing left for the people to do. Even then, i'm not sure it will achieve much. Too many years of the government running wild has left an indelible mark on america and it won't be erased overnight. I wish i had a solid concrete answer to the problems, as do many others.

Congress needs a total cleansing
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Like you, I think this situation is deplorable, dishonest, and probably illegal, but I don't think you could find an attorney that would even take the case. Look at what these nut jobs are doing in D.C. They honestly believe that they are above the law, and in most cases they are right! They are above the law, and do what ever they want. Republican, or Democrat, it doesn't matter. They steal, lie, cheat on their wives, their taxes, and firmly believe that once they are elected, it is their job, and they intend to do it the way they want. To hell with who put them in office.
  4. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

We need and Armed million pissed off citizens to march on DC. Force them into a peaceful resignation.
  5. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

I'm not in good enough shape to march very far, Big ugly, so put me up in front.
  6. navis128

navis128 New Member

I think you are going to have to study the state constitution of PA. for guidance. If I recall when his flip-flop started, he began a political career as a dem.

"Constitution-making began even before independence. In May 1776, Congress advised the colonies to set up new governments "under the authority of the people."" The Essential America, Tindall et al. 2001
  7. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

It's time for all the RINO's to go. We need to demand that the RNC give us viable candidates that will be loyal to the party and quit selling us down the river for their own gain! :mad:
  8. belercous

belercous Former Guest

"...there is no such thiing as a successful "anything" if it is run by the government."

Yes, our military, Social Security, fire departments, police departments, national parks, libraries, public water & sewer services, the TVA, Hoover dam, interstate highway system, legal system, Coast Gaurd, post office, locks & dams, etc. are all broken and falling apart. Not like our free-market medical system.
    Only trouble is, most people don't see things this way. Seems they now base their views on reality, but don't worry that will change. Always has before.
  9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

10. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I had to read that twoce to catch what you are really saying. At first, I took it to mean "Yes, the following work right." I'm really glad I bothered to read the whole thing and catch your statement "are all borken..." Details are important. :D

Pops
  11. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Pops, Try reading it a third time. Unless I really misunderstood I think maybe you had it right the first time.
  12. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

belercous;
    If your point is that my term "anything" is wrong or too all encompassing then so be it. But I might point out that only 1/2 of your examples are fed and I think senators and congress are fed and my orig statement has to do with fed. I had/have no questions at this point about any of the departments you mention.

But my point in the first place is not to debate which systems are broken as that may be difficult to prove.
    My point is that an elected official who is supposed to do the work of or for the people should be bound to perform that work for the term they sought and were elected to fill. They should do that work and then if and when they decide to try something different run for the office again under a different banner.
    Do they not have the responsibility to do this work and are they not bound by the oath they have taken to do just that and for the term specified under the law?

Can the people have some form of redress beyond voting their butts out of office the next time around? In short, can they not sue this person for malfeasance or something else for failing to perform their duties and responsibilities of the office?

I have no axe to grind with anyone in particular other than the traitorous individuals such as Spectre, McCain and Snow etc who have poked their constituents in the eye and walked away without a thought to punishment for their failures.

Then, if you want to discuss how well the post office or SS or medicare or locks and dams and national parks are doing we can begin a new thread and discuss "your" thoughts about their successes. (sic)

UF
  13. belercous

belercous Former Guest

Fudd: yes, but I was adressing "government" not just the federal gov., I can't read minds anymore. I see your point, however you shouldn't have made the blanket statement "there is no such thiing [sic] as a successful "anything" if it run by the government." That is what i was refuting by my statement.
    Every member of Congress, the Pres., V.P., S.C. justices, etc. takes the same oath. Everyone has a slightly different take on what the Cons. means, and as such, is bound to do their best to defend it as they believe is correct. Differences of opinion will occur under such an amorphous oath.
    The people have NO recourse but to wait until the next election. Congress can impeach the Pres, VP or SC justice, but the House must bring and prosecute the case. The Senate is the trier of fact (judge.) CAN we have a system where the electorate has control of a candidate other than the next election cycle? Yes. All we need is a constitutional amendment establishing the recall vote.
    Snow, McCain, et al, are liable to their constituents (and the House), and noone else.
    I have no burning desire to get into a discussion of the merits of these programs, I was merely pointing out that government programs are not failures simply because government runs them. Actually, government programs have a very high success rate in America, which was the corollary to my point.
    Nolo Bene; in a 2 party system, there will always be some represntatives (includes congress) who do not subscribe to the complete party platform. The Dems told Lieberman to get f#*@ed as he does not toe the party line and not only withdrew funding for his reelection, but actively ran against him. We see how good that worked. In our represntative system we are "personality" centered, not party-centered. Can't be otherwise unless we were to adopt a proportinal-representative system, which I agree with, but is never gonna happen.
  14. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I don't understand: Social Security will take in less than it spends in a few years and will be insolvent in several without massive tax increases on the young, with Medicare (gov't run healthcare) the periods to insolvency are shorter with complete insolvency in 2017. In the healthcare plan that the geniuses in Washington have come up with they will cut Medicare by a half trillion dollars and claim it will not change benefits. If that is so it is because there is so much graft and inefficiency. Now the gov't plans to extend those same standards of excellence to the entire healthcare system. A system that is denigrated by all liberals in their attempt to further control our lives by taking it over. The US healthcare system is the highest quality system in the world. If you rationally look at other systems like Great Britain what you will see is a system of rationing and you are fine until you become ill:

Fom article:"Inadequately Funded Universal Health Care Leads to Rationing:
    Part 2—Great Britain"
    By Roger Stenson with Jennifer Popik, J.D.

On a more personal note my mother has Macular Degeneration in one eye. It has manifested itself with a huge black spot being in her vision that leaves that eye unuseable. This past week she went to a regional medical center and received a new drug via injection into the eye. She tells me the spot is reduced in size and according to the Dr's should be gone in 5 days. She will have 3 more injections and then the disease should be gone. The treatment is extremely expensive and my mother isn't covered. She got the treatment anyway. That will not happen if a gov't bureaucrat is calling the shots. The drug would not be approved for use and hence not allowed. Just go away and die.

If anyone takes a rational look at the other healthcare systems throughout the world that are government run and look at how well they function and then wish to bring that system here then it certainly isn't because those systems are superior at providing healthcare but rather they are superior at controlling the populace. If you truly wish to reform healthcare then you need to reform the (previously noted wonderful) legal system. Tort reform not superior gov't run death squads.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  15. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn New Member

Some action should be taken.....and not at the next election. He was hired to do a job. Now he is not doing it. Period. The only thing is.......where do we draw the line ITO voting? That is why I think nothing will be done. Because there is nothing clear cut.

In a way, I am kinda like this dude. I would be unelectable. So far right on some issues and left on others. Like him....I would have problems making up my mind which constituancy to serve.

A special election may be in order??? Maybe??? Possibly??? There must be something the people of the state can do to get a replacement.
  16. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn New Member

And I've gotta ask, what's RNC/DNC WRT McCain?
  17. the morning light

the morning light New Member

As Gov. George Wallace once said "There's not a dimes worth of difference between a Republican or a Democrat". I myself think they squabble over a few domestic issues so the sheeple think they have a choice and then they go ahead and do what THEY want...
  18. topper

topper New Member

The late Gov George Wallace also said "If any of those protesters step in front of my car, I will run over them and keep going".

Where have all the good statesmen gone?
  19. Win73

Win73 New Member

Don't look for the insanity to stop any time soon (short of the Lord returning). We have two types of people in this country now, takers and producers. The problem is that the ratio of takers to producers has gotten too large. It has gotten to the point that the takers are in control of the vote. And every new government program just adds to the pool of takers. In fact that is the goal, to get us all dependent on the government. Then the government will be in total control of all of our lives, from the womb to the tomb.

It started with FDR. The welfare programs he started were supposed to get us out of the Depression. They didn't. WWII got us out of the Depression. Then Light Bulb Johnson enacted his Great Society that was supposed to wipe out poverty. It didn't. There have been trillions of dollars redistributed from the producers to the takers by the government over the last few decades. That's why there are more takers now. Why take care of yourself if someone else will do it for you.

Now they tell us that we have to have "Health Care Reform". The health care system in this country accounts for one sixth of our economy. When the government gets control of that, there won't be much left of our lives that they don't control.

People like Obama, Pelosi, Reid, and Clinton get elected by appealing to the takers. They tell them that they will take care of them. And unfortunately too many of the Republicans are the same.

I don't expect the insanity to end until the ratio of takers to producers has gotten so large that there are no longer enough producers to support everyone and the whole system comes crashing down.
  20. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

It seems to me that your case would be a simple open and closed case of breach of contract with at least Spectre fired on the spot.

McCain and Snow would be more difficult because of the obvious difference.

The hard part would be to find a Constitutional lawyer that would take on the case. Maybe this question would be better asked at someplace like The Heritage Foundation. However, I sure do like where your head is at and I’m with ya all way.