When will you people learn?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by satellite66, Jun 20, 2007.

1. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

This is on the Neal Boortz site today.

It has happened again. Some unarmed fool acted in self defense when confronted by someone with a gun. This one happened in Metairie, Louisiana. You drive through Metairie on the way from the airport to the French Quarter. A woman was at the Arby's drive-thru with her 17-year-old son in the car. Suddenly a man walked up to the car. He had a gun. He pointed the gun at the woman and demanded her money and the car. He reached inside and tried to grab the woman out of the car. At this point the 17-year-old grabbed the gun and started wrestling with the perp. The gun went off. Nobody hit. The kid then got the gun and immediately squeezed off a few shots into the man who had attacked his mother. The perp is now in the hospital. Gunshot wounds in the head and torso.

What was this 17-year-old thinking? He's just a kid! He's not trained to handle someone with a gun! Doesn't he know that he was supposed to just sit there and watch his mother get shot? Come on, folks! You are not supposed to defend yourself! I mean, even the mere suggestion that you should try to defend yourself is enough to get your butt in a crack!

The local sheriff got it right. He said that it's always safer to cooperate. Just give them the money and the keys. It doesn't matter if the man was in the process of assaulting your mother. She should have given him the money and keys in the first place. She deserved to be roughed up a bit!

Get with the program folks! Self-defense is a selfish act of individualism. Surrender. Comply. Be a good Ameican. Baaaaa, baaaaaa.
    Neal Boortz
  2. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I say the kid did the right thing. If everone would fight back i wonder if the robber would be so brave next time.
  3. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Neal's sarcasm is right on point. Not only are the cops not obligated to protect you, It is easier for them to come clean up & make out paperwork after you have bent over & succumbed to the will of the criminal. :mad:
  4. durk

durk New Member

Sounds like the perp was working for the sheriff!
  5. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

Hope the mom and kid went out and bought new pistols and plan on taking a course...does my heart good to see criminal scum get capped:D
  6. Ursus

Ursus Active Member

To some cops, it seems that a civilian defending himself makes them look bad.
  7. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

8. Don Buckbee

Don Buckbee New Member

Liberals will NEVER learn. But, conservatives are capable of learning.
  9. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

The politicians are afraid that if we fight back against street criminals next thing you know we will fight back against the real criminals, them. :D
  10. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:eek: say it aint so!:cool: ;) :D
  11. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Just for the record I do not feel that way.I believe in self defense for all law abiding citizens.
  12. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

I'd be in a jail cell right now for attempted murder if I defended myself in that way. Sad state of affairs when a person is not supposed nor allowed to protect his mother and defend himself.
  13. Don Buckbee

Don Buckbee New Member

People are dreaming if they think the police are ready and waiting at every crime scene, so they can protect the innocent. Police respond as fast as they can. But, during the time between the call to the police, and their arrival, lots of nasty crap happens.
    The ONLY solution for honest citizens is to be armed and able to defend themselves during the time it takes police to arrive. That time can vary from minutes to hours, depending on the location of the crime.
    Ultimately, the individual is responsible for his own well being, not the police.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  14. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Don, that's very true, but did you ever notice how the police ARE just around the corner when you miss a stop sign, or when your friend gets too drunk and pees outside the bar? Hmm, my smileys won't work, I'll do it manually :) :)
  15. henry0reilly

henry0reilly Member

c/p of the related articles

METAIRIE, La. -- A 17-year-old boy foiled an attempted carjacking, wrestling a gun from a would-be robber and shooting him after the man grabbed his mother, authorities said.

Carl Chestnut, wounded in the head and torso, will face armed robbery charges once he is released from East Jefferson General Hospital, Col. John Fortunato, a Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office spokesman, said Monday.

The woman and her son were in the drive-through line at an Arby's Roast Beef Restaurant Monday when Chestnut, 44, walked up and pointed a gun at her.

When he leaned inside, trying to yank the mother out of the car, the 17-year-old grabbed the gun, Fortunato said. Once the youth got the gun, he shot Chestnut several times, Fortunato said.

Sylena Rhodes, a corporate officer for Arby's, said, ''He saved his mother's life. He's a hero. He's an absolute hero.''

Carjacking suspect is linked to killing

METAIRIE, La. (AP) - Kenner Police say 44-year-old Carl Chestnut, the suspect in a carjacking who was shot in a Metairie restaurant drive-through after a 17-year-old in the car wrestled away a gun, is wanted in an unrelated killing.

Police have issued first-degree murder and aggravated burglary warrants for Chestnut in connection with the death of 60-year-old Odrey Bordelon, a trailer park manager found strangled in his home June fifth. They also are seeking a second suspect, 50-year-old Wayne Hayden, who is still at large.

Kenner police Detective Michael Cunningham says investigators developed information pointing to Chestnut as a suspect in the case within hours of the killing and secured a search warrant for a DNA sample a few days later. But they hadn't been able to track him down

The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office say Chestnut was shot when he tried to carjack a 53-year-old Kenner woman and her son.