where do most of you get your bullets ?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Jay, Sep 19, 2007.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

LD:
    I feel like we are deviating from the subject, as is so common on this forum. one starts a thread looking for advice, and by the time 5 people post thier 'opinions' you have an argument that is so off subject that the original thread starter forgets why he even started the thread in the first place. i mean no offense to you, and i too occasionally use plated and jacketed bullets. however, the thread was originally posted so the original thread starter might obtain useful information in where we get our bullets and why. i post my replies, not to fuel the fires that grow within our forum, but to try to adhere to the original threads requests. see, for a new guy reading your posts about lead in the bore, may frighten him from using lead ever, when in fact if you do it right, it can be just as enjoyable as reloading and even shooting, and not to mention the most cost effective method of obtaining useful bullets. i understand that we all have our opinions about what we think is the right way to go, but i think we should leave it as just that, OPINIONS...
  2. Jay

Jay New Member

I remember the original question, and I remember why I asked the question. I checked out the relevant responses, and found that many vendors are out of the more popular components. I eventually found what I wanted at a reasonable price, and that's what counts.

Thanks, Jay
  3. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

JLA:

Note that at response #6 I said "I buy on the internet if I can, mostly from a wholesaler (no retail sales!) and Midway."

While I answered very early, some people took exception to my opinions about plated bullets and lead bullet. Some educated me about what causes leading and how to minimise it. That's how it got to here.

I think a lot of information was released by this thread and it covered not only a source of lead bullets but brought up and discussed other options as well. While we had some debate on that issue, I learned that if you do the right things you can make lead bullets not lead the bore. I think others learned that you don't have to put up with leading with inexpensive lead bullets (use plated bullets). Some here are new and may not be as informed as you and welcome the information. But JAY not only got several sources but actually ordered bullets. So everybody should be happy and smarter.

I think it is not enough to just do something, but I think it better to know how and why it works the way it does. I always try to educate visitor here as do others and the result is some deviation from the topic but this time we were all talking about the same subject ... lead bullets..... and JAY got his answers too.

LDBennett
  4. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Remember to play nice LD and Plano. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.
  5. Bravo1

Bravo1 New Member

I use Midway, and Cabelas alot since my fiancee works for Cabelas i get good discounts.