Where do you see the future of American politics headed?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by keepitlow, Jan 23, 2010.

1. keepitlow

keepitlow New Member

People get screwed by the Rep party, so they try the Dem party. The Dem party proves to be corrupt, so back they go with high hopes from the Rep party. And round and round we goooo...

It seems we are on an endless cycle or more appropriately, in a corrupt political vortex that is sending America down the drain! Seems to be exactly as the Obama deception portrays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw

Do you think our current sytem is the best we can come up with? Or do you see another totally different political direction the US of A may be headed in?

PS...

The vid is long. It is a full length version of the DVD that is sold at Alex Jone's website. For those inclined, it may be worth watching or even listening to while you work in the house.

Let me sum the video up for those short on time.

Despite the Obama title, it is not so much about blasting Obama. It claims that no matter who we get, Rep or Dem, they are hand picked to get in by the powerful rich bankers that really run our country and will soon be running the world. It claims the US prez is only a figurehead under the thumb of the rich and powerful.

Thanks.
  2. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

AFTER THIS NEGRO AND HIS CREW I SEE IT HEADED FOR "CHANGE" HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEH
  3. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Wow, you're such a hater. :rolleyes:

We're screwed no matter who is in office. They're not runnin the show anyway. There's a group behind the scenes that pulls the strings. They have total control - we only have an illusion of engagement. It's all smoke and mirrors for us - to appease us. We have no power, and haven't since the late 1800s.
  4. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I remember the JibJab skit with Obama on a white horse almost floating around saying change, change, ... and it essentially said that was all he offered. What the american people were led to believe is that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end. How many video's did we see with people saying Obama going to pay my mortgage, etc. Now the reality is setting in and people will react and elect someone else that promises to fix an even bigger mess. Party really doesn't matter and people should look to ideology. I am conservative and that is how I vote because I feel that is best for the country. The dilemma for me is when we have two candidates who's beliefs are far from being conservative like in 2008. In that election I voted for Sarah, if she hadn't been there then I would have looked to a 3rd party. The system needs a flush and the only way I can see it done is with term limits.
  5. larryg

larryg New Member

I don't know if this has a chance but it is an interesting idea, it is a non-partisan political party. All funding comes from the party and the candidates are chosen by local member groups and they are under contract to honor there pledged positions.

Until we can get rid of both the democrats and republicans I will hold my nose and stick with the republicans because I believe they are not as bad but neither is good.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    There is a third party, the Libertarian party. Will they make a difference? In my opinion, they will, for a little while, then it will back to politics as usual. However, this might polorize the Republican party, and bring forth a true christian conservitive.
  7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I don't think that's necessarily correct. People have a perception of being screwed by the Republican party but that's because most people have the critical thinking skills of a squirrel.

People were all hyped about going to war in Iran and Afghanistan and then the buzz wore off. Folks started waning in their support and eventually America wanted out. Is that a political party's fault? No...

People were all happy about cheap money and the availability of mortgages by programs put into place by the Democrats back in 1994. Then, the bubble burst and folks were angry at whomever was in office at the time. Again, remember the squirrel's critical thinking skills here... :rolleyes:

You see, people just don't think; they react... It's difficult to keep up with politics and the economy. Most would rather memorize the rushing yards of all the running backs in the NFL than worry about politics, and I'm not sure I blame them. The more I know about politics and the economy the angrier and more cynical I become about these politicians' motives.

People don't remember the way Conservative economic policy in 2001 launched us QUICKLY out of a recession that began in Clinton's last quarter as President. Through tax cuts to corporations, supply-side economic activity was catapulted under way as consumers were given a demand-side stimulus through LARGE individual tax cuts. No, people don't remember this stuff, nor would most understand.

I see the average guy becoming more politically savvy as is evidenced through the growing political movement that the Tea Party phenomenon has offered. I see us swinging to the political mindset that most people feel already, and that is one of a Conservative nature. That may mean that more Conservative Democrats emerge to hold office by voter choice at the primary box. I do not see a shift into a 3rd party or away from our traditional 2-party system. If anything, the parties will change dramatically by increased voter awareness.

Having this idiot in office may be the best thing that's ever happened to American voters. The sleeping giant has been awakened.... ;)
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  8. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

The system is flawed because we have allowed corrupt politicians to re-interpret the constitution to their advantage and to support their agenda's. They get away with this by saying they are just following the letter of the law, while the spirit of the law is forever compromised. They have also learned to preach to the choir of the greedy and lazy with mostly empty promises to garner their votes. They have learned how to become rich beyond our imagination by staying in office and voting themselves retirement benefits, health care and other perks beyond the reach of average citizens. They have prostituted the term public servant to special interests with their self-serving earmarks and give-aways. And the only way they can ensure the perpetuation of their malfeasance is to disarm law abiding citizens who in frustration might actually exercise their constitutional mandate to "alter or abolish" their corrupt government by force if necessary. The handwriting is on the wall!
  9. artabr

artabr New Member

Attached Files:

10. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

I agree with Graehaven to the exclusion of this qoute: "We have no power". I believe we as a people do have power. Whether we have the cajoles to use it remains to be seen. As for parties, what a joke. These criminals are in it together. When I watched how Bush and McCain reacted to the loss last November, basically disinterested and relieved that it is over, I confirmed my beliefs.
  11. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

That's what I think too.
  12. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

My thoughts exactly, Art.
  13. keepitlow

keepitlow New Member

3rd party sounds good, don't know if it could be any worse than what we got?

I would like to see 'national elections' for key votes on major issues instead of just the politicians voting. That would return some power to the people.
  14. keepitlow

keepitlow New Member

Excellent summation of our political system!
  15. keepitlow

keepitlow New Member

I think you are stuck in the 'squirrel theory' too much. Sure people do as Psychologist William James once said, "A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

But gun people have to be careful of doing the same thing deifying the Reps, just because Reps generally support guns. Now, I am in this same camp of generally supporting a Rep just to keep my guns too. It is a self survival thing. But I have no delusions about the Reps or the Dems.

My view on ALL politicians is this (Rep or Dem)

Anyone that aspires to go into politics has a desire to 'control others' and make a grab for power and money.

Politicians are the lowest of the low - hypocrites and haggard shells of humans that spin webs of deceit to entrap their prey with so many lies the politicians dream up to screw the American public.

How many of you wish to control others or just be left alone? Well, that separates the potential politicians in our group right there.

Self survival was what got me interested in politics a couple of years ago. I saw how the politicians had a direct effect on my very survival, so I thought I'd better keep track of what the corrupt bastards are doing. Other than self survival I hate politics and politicians and have no interest in it at all.

Now, getting back to the Reps, Bush Jr's crew had full control of the gov in all areas for some time. What did they do for the US but thrust it down the road to destruction even further. Now the Dems may have put much of the components in place to wreck havoc, but the Reps were free to change that for the most part.

I agree with lots of what you said otherwise. And while the US had all these same issue in politics back in the day. The politicians were either was less corrupt or abstained from giving into their corruptness back then.

Look at Medicare and SS?

You could never get those passed today. They had some true bipartisan support back then. Of course, all this can't be defined or regulated. As one of my mentors said...you can't regulate integrity.

You say to yourself I want politicians with more integrity. What does that mean? How can it be defined?

I guess it is like the wind or gravity. you know it is there, but can't see the source. Same with integrity, you just know when you have it in a person, but can't define the parameters, other than the fruits of their labor that person produces.

Another fellow (I think on the AR-15 forum) had a solution America's woes. He subscribed to the "Scrooge theory."

He said if a person can't get along without pills, social security, psychiatric care, welfare, medicare, food stamps or gov handouts then they need to just die. He wasn't bitter about it, just viewed under the law of natural selection.

I heard similar views from the survival podcast man about gov entitlements. (He didn't mention the need to die part) but, I agree with him the gov keeps a certain amount on the citizens beholden to the politicians for handouts,

But that is how we built our nation. Do we kill off half of the pop in midstream? If that was the case, America would be a very different place wouldn't it?