Where does the 2nd Amendment mention anything about "Sporting Purposes"?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by bluesea112, May 14, 2010.

1. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I would like to know why the BATF nazis think they have the right to create rules that are not even listed within the 2nd Amendment. The creators of the constitution wrote NOTHING about rifles having to be of a "sporting" nature. As a matter of fact, our forefathers intended for us to be armed to defend ourselves against power hungry government officials and agencies. Our forefathers were not concerned about our right to kill a deer!

Case in point, I enter the following into evidence as written in Yahoo's encyclopedia:
    "An often overlooked law in the US, with regards to the modifications of the SKS is U.S.C.922 (r), which regulates imported rifles with certain features the BATFE defines as not being suitable for sporting purposes."
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

We've been fighting this battle since 1968. Gee, the Feds do something unconstitutional? Surprise, surprise!

Pops
  3. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Yeah, I know Pops. It just refrustrates me everytime I read about their rules. Mark my words...If I am ever elected into a high ranking position in Washington, I am going to abolish the BATF, and have all their agents imprisoned for makin "terroristic threats" and "conspiracy to commit acts of terrorism" charges. The "conspiracy" charge carries up to a life sentance for a first time offender.

It makes me smile just thinking about that kind of justice playing out.
  4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I hope you get elected.
    I would REALLY LIKE to see that happen.
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

May I have the ticket concession stand? We'll all be rich.

Pops
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

It does not say anything about "sporting purposes." It says it is the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Technically, 'arms' could be any armament. I don't believe in letting people run loose with LAW rockets and tanks in the streets. But I don't believe in restricting firearms in any way. I think a background check of 48 hours like it is in my home state is plenty.
  7. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The "sporting purposes" term was not invented by "BATF Nazis", it is in the law in regard to imports. In fact, they interpret the law rather broadly, though often urged by the antis to prohibit importation of any firearms not legal for hunting in every state.

I don't often find myself defending BATFE, but all too often they are blamed for working under and enforcing the laws written by Congress, OUR representatives. Blaming BATFE is like blaming the cops for the speed limit law if you get a ticket for speeding.

The truth is that the Second Amendment has nothing to do with duck hinting or gun collections or even self defense. The founders meant it as simply the right to revolt or at least to have the means to do so.

No one talks about that. The NRA doesn't want to mention it because they might be seen as subversive (like Jefferson and Washington). The antis don't mention it because they might be seen as promoting or permitting a tyrannical government. So the real meaning remains hidden while we talk about hunting.

And of course, no one wants to talk about the fact that the GCA of 68 was not passed in response to the Kennedy or King killings, but in response to the rioting that followed the latter tragedy. And no one wants to talk about the racist aspects of gun control which, in this country, has always had as its major purpose keeping "them" in their places.

Jim
  8. wpage

wpage Active Member

The founders knew it was a given that folks would have the right for arms for hunting and sport. The 2nd amendment was for city slickers to have the right as well to protect themselves from oppressive government.