Where is all the .380 ammo?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Redhand, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

Is the military using it now for practice or live fire? Are P.D's using it for practice? Has it all been shipped to MeeeeHeeeCooo to the gang bangers for their weapons they are getting from the U.S?:mad::mad::mad: Are the gang bangers in our country practicing more? Is the gruber-in-mint involved in complicity with ammo makers to halt production to cut back on gang violence? Or is it just plain old unadultrated GREED? Some low ball advertized a box of 50 rnds for $65. in our local rag. I have enough food for my backup but will sell a box for $500. and throw in the firearm for FREE. Anybody foolish enough to take me up on my offer?:mad::confused::eek::mad::rolleyes:
  2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I have some, my .380 pistol is up for sale. Not sure what I'll do with the leftover ammo yet.
  3. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

Glad I sold my .380s, because of the scarcity of the .380 ammo. Sticking with my 9mm and .38spl.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Pinecone, I will buy your 380 ammo. Just say the word.
  5. Claude Clay

Claude Clay New Member

at no time have i had any trouble getting components for 380. though the cost of primers has gone up one cent per round recently.
    now costing me $13.50 per hundred 95gr LRN. add 2 cents/ round for plated.

oh! the humanity
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  6. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Sure, if it can be mailed, I don't even know. I have some full boxes, will take an inventory and let you know.
  7. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Right before I bought my P99, I almost bought a German-made PPK/S in .380, but I just had to buy the P99. Now I'm really glad I did. 9mm, while it has gone up in price, is still a lot easier to find than .380. And a lot cheaper, also.

Pinecone, you should buy a P99. Come on, you know you want to:p:p:D
  8. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Local gun shop now running ads they have a shipment of .380 I thought maybe the supply had gotten better
  9. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I never have taken a shine 9mm, oddly. I like .38s and .357s and .40s, oh my!

:D
  10. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Hi Claude long time no see
  11. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I stopped at Cabala's today in Dundee, Michigan on my way back to Cincinnati. The guy told me that they had one (1) box of .380 this AM and he had no idea where it came from. Obviously, it was gone in seconds.
    The Bersa Thunder I bought a month or two ago, ain't lookin'' so sweet anymore. Can't save myself with "Snap Caps".
  12. res45

res45 New Member

380 is whats called a seasonal ammo,it runs on the same line machines as the 9mm,so with all the ammo buying going on naturally the 380 is going to be in short supply compared to 9mm.

If you reload and like shooting cast.

http://www.missouribullet.com/results.php?category=5&secondary=27

Loaded ammo
    http://www.luckygunner.com/380-auto-95-grain-fmj-aguila-50-rounds

http://www.wcarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=272

http://www.wcarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=264
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  13. RandyP

RandyP Member

What happened? Lots of newcomers to shooting. Lots of good choices in .380 handguns. Low recoil for beginners and accurate. Probably the smallest centerfire pistol caliber you'd want to carry for SD? so it's quite popular.

Since I started reloading I confess I haven't kept track of factory ammo availability in my 3 calibers at my LGS.
  14. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

So very true here as well with the 380 ammo. And at wallyworld in Southern Oh., well lets just say that just about ALL the ammo they do get goes out as fast. I go in when it's supposed to be in the case and when I get there at about 7:15am, it's already gone! And it's usually 22LR, 9mm, 45ACP, and now even 357MAG's...and now so even true on the rifle ammo..heck you used to be able to at least get the 243's and right on along. But now it's all getting real scarace. I just know any time I see any ammo any store has, I stock up. And one would figure that just 22LR a person could get in abundance. Not in Southern Ohio you can't! It's a just a shame.IMO
  15. scudrunner

scudrunner New Member

It's out there if you wanna pay the price, I'm just glad I got a bunch BEFORE all this hoopla got started. I think some of it is due to guns like the Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec P3, and the Bersa being so popular and the Obama Admins anti-gun wanna bees.

Try this guy.....he has it from time to time....

http://www.ammoman.com/webstore_home.htm
  16. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

My local gun shop got in four cases (I think) of PMC .380 90 grain last week. He is selling them a $18.50 a box. I picked up three boxes and a brick of .17 HMR.