Where to buy 52 caliber Sabots

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by cbvanb, Feb 25, 2010.

1. cbvanb

cbvanb New Member

Brand new to the forum and I have found tons of useful information today, including the news that Knight Rifles is no longer producing firearms. It also appears from their website that they will still support the guns they have already sold, including my all-time favorite, the .52 caliber. However it seems they are now only offering one bullet weight instead of the original three.
    So, is there anybody out there selling sabots and bullets for this fine rifle, or am I stuck with what Knight thinks I need?
  2. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    sorry i cant help you...i own a disc elite in 50 cal,i bought a new breach plug and 500 209 primer carriers......the carriers are reusable so im set for life.....i suggest you purchase as many sabots and bullets that you can....you never know old semperfi
  3. scrat

scrat New Member

4. cbvanb

cbvanb New Member

I think I'm giving up finding any. I spent the past two days researching and nobody sells the sabots in 52 caliber. I have a decent supply but with a couple hunts booked for the end of the year I'll probably shoot up most of what I have. So, now I think I'm going to rebarrel in 50 caliber, which is what I should have bought in the first place. One of these days I'll learn to stick with the tried and true and ignore all the hype when something new comes out. The .52 was a great idea but it sure didn't last long.
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

6. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    just a shot in the wind,i wonder if barrel can be rebored to 54 cal without the expence of a new barrel,if so you can buy 54 cal sabots.just a thought. old semperfi
  7. Pustic

Pustic Member

8. cbvanb

cbvanb New Member

I actually found the second link you posted after I posed the question in this post. I like that combination and intend to try a few. I always preferred the 375 gr., which is no longer offered, so I'll take what I can get.
    I discovered that the sabots are made under contract by MMP, which is probably the premier sabot maker, and in fact may be the only one. Unfortunately Knight owns the tooling and won't allow the sabots to be released for sale. I had hoped to have the ability to experiment with other bullets, but for now I'm stuck with what Knight offers.
    Meanwhile I have found a couple suppliers of lead conicals and I'm going to try them also. The suggestion of using 32 ga. wads does intrigue me, and I think I may give that a go as well. I'll post a report of all the results when I have collected the data.