where to buy a gun online?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by csimp3, Oct 23, 2006.

1. csimp3

csimp3 New Member

sorry for all the posts, but where is a good place to buy a handgun online? my local gunshop is kinda pricey, i checked out impactguns.com and they seemed fair, but i wanna know some more places, also where can i find some cool rail accessories like lights and lasers and stuff? thanks
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

As far as the Handgun. Are you lookin for new or used. What model handgun
    And the light laser I know 2 great places. Also sometimes after shipping and transfer fees it is cheaper to buy from the dealer
    www.centerfiresystems.com
    www.cheaperthandirt.com
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  3. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

Regardless of where, remember you still have shipping charges to pay and the transfer fees.
  4. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Very true.

I'd buy a copy of Shotgun News for a lot of ideas. There's a ton of retailers, wholesalers, and private parties looking to move guns in that publication.

In my area (and maybe in yours) there's a mega retailer that most all law enforcement agencies buy from or through. Most times they get huge discounts from manufacturers due to a long history of enormous volume. Often you can buy guns for just above cost at these kinds of stores. In my area, that's Lou's Gun Shop in Hialeah (northwest Miami).

When Glock blows through town giving guns away to police departments, their rep makes the deal, and hands it to Lou's for fulfillment.

Check with some LEO's in your area about where their department gets their service pistols, and you'll likely have an affordable local option.

Pat Hurley
  5. berto64

berto64 Active Member

GunsAmerica.com is a great site for firearms shopping. No bidding just straight buying. Prices are posted for each item.

I've bought several items off of there. Easy sweet deals.
  6. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Once again......I have already given you a place in your other thread and now ONCE AGAIN you start another.

You can buy a firearm from a 1000 places, but you have to have a dealer first and foremost. Make nice with a local dealer all the rest is JUST TALK!
    Time to.............or get off the pot.

LTS
  7. csimp3

csimp3 New Member

i know, but im between the glock 22 and the taurus 24/7 pro .40, so im just pricing all around
  8. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

9. Thunderhawk88

Thunderhawk88 New Member

10. stash247

stash247 New Member

Csimp3, get off the computer, right after you locate 2 or 3 local gunshows, in the next couple of weeks, and do the work you need to do, so you can travel to those shows.
    Bring nothing but cash, in hundred dollar bills.
    Improve your 'people skills', while negotiating your purchase price DOWN.
    Consider the relative merits of used, vs new, on the ride to the gunshow, but remain open to either option, if the price can be made RIGHT.
    I have purchased a total of three 'firearms' ( Two actions, from Wisconsin), and one pistol, from Washington, "on line", in my whole life, all were unique, in that nothing comparable exists; this is the sole justification for buying somethng you cannot touch, and see, before laying down the dollars!
    Understand, lad, I ride a motorcycle, A LOT, and being in the middle of this great country, nobody is more than a day away (A LOT, means, in part, I do 1500 mile days, when the situation calls for it!) I literally can be, at your doorstep, tomorrow, if you misrepresented an item in an internet deal, and likely will be, If I feel 'abused', but, that is a different issue.(Anyone I deal with on the 'net understands this, in advance.)
    Fact is, outside of laziness, the gun shows offer better deals than you will ever find on the internet, if you will only work them!
    A m-22 Glock, or the Taurus 24/7, are hardly unique, as both are current production items, so the internet is simply a way of being lazy, in their pursuit.
    I can justify the purchase of, for example, a 40 year old, Armand Swenson 'smithed .45, over the internet, as it is long 'out of print' (Armand, an old friend, died 5 or 6 years ago), and not likely to be found at a local gun show, but, at the level you are talking, you can save , all told, likely $100, or more, by getting off your duff and walking, and talking, a couple of shows!
    I hope this offers you some cost saving options.
  11. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

I bought all of my pistols from brandx.com (I had two others, but sold 'em). All of my rifles where either hand-me-downs or bought at my local dealer.
  12. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Don't forget Auctionarms.com.
  13. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

What I don't like, and this is a serious pet peeve I have, is the bad navigation for that site. I has good stuff on there, sometimes, but I hate the navigation system that site has.
  14. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I guess that's the difference between youth & experience.

I get on just to browse and am in no hurry.

I don't go to the other one that often so I have difficulty navigating it because I'm not used to it.

I think it comes down to what you are used to using.
  15. RevDerb

RevDerb Member

Have you looked at budsgunshop.com? Their prices seem to be very competetive, they have GE financing available, and their prices are delivered. The only other added costs should be FFL fee, and sales tax if your state has it - Michigan's is 6% and the FFL has to collect it I believe.