The Firearms Forum banner

Where to buy the .338 Blaser LRS2

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  kaylan2 
#1 ·
I was wondering where everyone bought their lrs2. I got mine from impactguns.com because none of the dealers in my area can get sigs. I am thinking of selling my .308 and getting the .338 blaser and want to know the best price and place to get one. thanks.

#2 ·
LRS2:
I'm just thinking out loud here, if you dont mind... Whats your low dollar on the rifle? There are several different pieces that I would like to pick up in the comming year, but from what little information I can find, the LRS1 has all the capabilities/looks/ and the caliber that I am looking for in that type of rifle...I've seen pics of yours, and I still do not know the difference in the LRS1 and the LRS2, but I really like yours... The Nightforce scope was a beautifull choice, and is one that I would most likely persue after the inital shock of the rifle purchase had subsided:D

~Crp

#4 ·
Originally posted by Crpdeth
LRS2:
I'm just thinking out loud here, if you dont mind... Whats your low dollar on the rifle? There are several different pieces that I would like to pick up in the comming year, but from what little information I can find, the LRS1 has all the capabilities/looks/ and the caliber that I am looking for in that type of rifle...I've seen pics of yours, and I still do not know the difference in the LRS1 and the LRS2, but I really like yours... The Nightforce scope was a beautifull choice, and is one that I would most likely persue after the inital shock of the rifle purchase had subsided:D

~Crp
Actually I don't think they are that bad in price comparitively. Most custom rem 700's can cost more than these and the sako trg's and tubb 2000 rifle and on and on. I just was looking a one with a neiska bay action with tactical stock, I can't remember the model # it is in the speacial weapons magazine and it is around 5k. I don't think I will sell it now, because of how much more the .338 cost than the others. Plus I wouldn't be selling for less than new price because of the add ons I have done. thanks for asking though. If someone want to let the admin know, they can delete this thread. thanks.

#5 ·
The big diff between the LRS1 and 2 is the stock. The actions are the same. As best I can tell the only way you'll find a LRS1 is used. If you scroll up a bit, you can see my older LRS1 - and I can send you a better pick with more detail if you like.

I bought mine several years ago new from a local shop down here in Ga. Price wise - at the time - it was a fuzz cheaper than a M24 he had on the rack. No glass - $2,400.

#8 ·
I think you can, but you do have to buy another bolt cause it tells you, the .338 barrels are not interchangable. I would also have to buy another scope to make it worth while, so I wouldn't have to site them in again, plus the .338 uses a different scope mount, which is another thing I like about it. I don't have the money to buy a $900+ barrel, plus whatever the bolt would be, then another expensive scope.

#9 ·
compare the price of a good sub- moa rifle to the price of the scope, barrel, and bolt and see which is cheaper.
just think, you don't have to adjust or change the trigger if you get the parts. just get some Charmin toilet paper for extra padding:) .338 has a little more umff to it. it says hello I'm right here. Shot a friends 338 awhile back, before and after he got a muzzle break the size of a beer can put on, and it still had some thump to it. might be because it was a custom build. I know my 308 has a whallup to it when I took my break off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.