1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Where to find list of registered weapons?

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by Bpowell, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Bpowell

Bpowell New Member

Is there any way that the ATF could provide me a list of every weapon I've registered? Or is there any such other way?

Thanks!

Beth
  2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

go to the batfe website and there is a place to ask questions, i have asked technical questions about the legality of gun overall length before,
  3. Bpowell

Bpowell New Member

Thank you. I will check it out. My husband has been trying to go through the ATF because of some weapons he purchased and had stored with a class 3 dealer that has disappeared. He remembers that there were several carbon copies made and through some other misfortune, he no longer has his. We have a few receipts, but not much to go on. All were registered.
  4. zant

zant Active Member

If they are Class 3,I believe they can be found by SS# .I don't know if ATF can do a blanket search because of tax laws...I could be wrong-ask my wife:)
  5. Bpowell

Bpowell New Member

We were originally told that ATF could search this, but that they wouldn't unless there was some very special interest. It was also suggested that the sheriff in the county seat had records and we visited there with no success.

I'm sure someone has these records. My husband has now passed away and never did get this information.
  6. wpage

wpage Active Member

7. 100 Bullets

100 Bullets New Member

I have heard the ATF sometimes can't find the paperwork and its up to you to keep your Class 3 paperwork. Without it your weapons are illegal and you can go to jail. Congress gave extra money to the ATF to fix the problem years ago with the requirement that the ATF actually have a system to look up this type of problem. They have not done it which is illegal.