1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

where to get best price on powder?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by shawncanclimb, Feb 8, 2011.

1. shawncanclimb

shawncanclimb New Member

I'm just getting into reloading, and was wondering where I can get the best prices on powders and other supplies. I read, somewhere, of a website that had great prices even with the hazard fee. I forgot which site it was though. Where do you all buy your powder?
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Graf's has always seemed to be the best for powder shipments. If you can get a large order together, that will be the best bargain no matter where you order from. 3 guys and 8# each and then you've got a decent order going and the hazmat fee is manageable. Last shipment of powder I got was from Midway because of sale prices and the other guy was placing the order. I still buy some locally too, it's usually around $21-23 per lb around here, so it's not too bad in a pinch.

BTW - Welcome to TFF and Reloading Shawn !!
  3. shawncanclimb

shawncanclimb New Member

Thanks, midway sounds familiar. I just priced blue dot at $17/# at sportsmans warehouse.
  4. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I am lucky enough to have a small reloading shop 30miles away.He sells me H380 and IMR4350 for around $20.00/lb.I also get my primers from him so I don't pay the Hazmat fee.If I reloaded on a larger scale and bought powder in larger quantities as a lot of guys do, I could justify getting it online and pay the hazmat fee. Joe
  5. dammitman

dammitman Member

i also have several good places to buy locally. that hazmat fee is such a bad deal unless you buy a lot!
    Gamaliel Shooting Supply
    is a small drive
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The last time I looked the Hazmat Fee was around $35 on powder, no matter how much you order. For that reason I buy my powder at a local shop. For me that's a round trip of 100 miles!