The Firearms Forum banner

Where to get reloading supplies

7K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  ryan42 
#1 · (Edited)
I friend has recently started back reloading after several years. He was asking me where to get reloading supplies on line and where to get the best prices. He doesn't do internet but his wife does. Any help?

#6 ·
yep.. midway and grafs.

also.. check some walmarts and ganer mountains. their stores in rural areas generally have relaoding supplies.

in fact.. we ahve 1 walmart in town that has a HUGE relaoding section.

pawn shops that carry firearms are another possible location, as well as dedicated gun shops.

lso.. hitting a manufacturers website may let you search for dealers in your area.

#12 ·
on a side not to the reloaders here.

how come tula/wolf priomers are 20$ a box.. with cci/rem / win at anywahere from 28-34 a box ( 1000 ).. yet at gun shows and whatnot.. all the dealers are selling the wolf/tula at the same pricve as win or cci/rem ????? ripoff....

#13 · (Edited)
I buy everything local period.Its cheaper than paying shipping charges and it helps my local economy and a family business.One more thing,cheaper is not always better.Usually the opposite.Its been my experience gunshows are not the best place to shop for cheaper prices on the things you mentioned.Now I have got some deals on brass and bullets.Last one I went to about 6 months ago I got a nice scope and an extra clip for my sons marlin 795.There was one reload vendor there and he had higher prices than factory loads.Just my experience.Oh and to answer your question Wolf and Tula are on the low end.I wouldnt buy either.

#14 ·
i've seen plenty of discussion of people using them.. if nothing else.. they seem to report that they go bang.

as for local cheaper.. I've only ever found 1 thing cheaper locally.. and that happened to be an rcbs reload press.. walmart had it cheaper than midway.. by a bunch surprisingly.. must be a bulk buy issue.

local stores are selling powder 4-8$ higher than online.

buy a few pounds and you made up the hazmat charge right there....

#16 ·
Your right im going by my local.When I got into reloading back in december all the online guys were about 10% cheaper but by the time you add shipping and hazmat fees local was 10% cheaper.Saved 20% or better.Although not everywhere has local guy like other places.Where I got Wolf and tula is cheaper is by looking at their prices and reading opinions of the top experience loaders on the Tff.Gasoline goes boom but some gives you better mileage.lol All joking aside not everybody reloads for savings.Some do but alot are after accuracy and dependablity.Good luck however you decide to go.:)

#18 · (Edited)
I have been using Wolf primers quite a bit in my .223 loads because of the price. Have never had one fail me yet. I hope the same goes for the Tula because I just bought a case (5000) of small pistol primers made by them. If hey work out, I will buy nothing but wolf/tula in the future.

Grafs has 5000 Wolf large pistol primers on sale right now for $99.99 where the same in CCI is $129.99. To me $30 is a pretty fair savings. With the haz-mat fee being $27.50 you can't buy just one case to save money but if you needed a large quantity it would work out fine.

#20 ·
funny.. I asked about wolf/tula primers here and heard they were fine.

must have been different experts that day fielding questions.. ;)
Your right,it just depends who you talk to.If you buy them I hope they work good for you.Thats all that matters anyway.I find when I ask questions which I do alot you will get all kinds of answers.Thats what I hate about typing,you dont get the feel of the emotion of whats being said.I just dont want you to take me wrong.I really hope they work good and you save money.:)

#21 ·
no prob.. we're good. :)

i missed an opportunity to pick up some at a gun show a few weeks ago.. ran myself out of $$ buying other things. I don't need any more hazmat items yet.. so won't buy them online... still have a few thou win primers so I'm in no danger of running out befor ethe end of the year.. so I will get them next time I hit a show. load up a hundred or so and see how many go pop.. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.