Where to keep Home defense hand gun with childern in the house?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Tony22-250, Jun 5, 2010.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    There ya go!! You really said what I wanted to say!
  2. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

Very good point Terry! This is how im going to raise my children. For now im with my Father and Step Mother and I don't have a any say nor am i going to try to voice my opinion on how to raise there children.

I remember my Mother spanked me once when I was young. I told her i was going to call the cops. She said go ahead they will take you away! That shut me up real quick Ha Ha!
  3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

ampaterry hit the nail right on the head. when i brought a new gun into the house i sat my kids down on the sofa and checked the gun to make sure it was safe, and i handed the gun to the kids, i told them here it is once you've gotten the thrill of playing with this i'm going to put it away and lord help you if i find out or catch you snooping around my room. go snoop for your moms "toys" and leave mine alone :D . now with g-kids that are somewhat less than civilized i have gun safes. with my get to gun being locked in a lockbox on the night stand. the box is the type that only an adult hand will reach in and depress the 5 locking buttons.
  4. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

This is a real issue now, and even though my brother and I were forbidden from poking around in our parents' belongings, we still knew what and where everything was. Don't think kids won't find a gun. Just the other day, a two year old child shot himself in the face with a .38 revolver his mom kept in the dresser drawer. She had told him not to touch it the day before and put it right back in the drawer.
  5. 007bondjamesbond007

007bondjamesbond007 New Member

6. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

i agree with ampaterry but on a side note you should always secure your guns right behind the leather whooping belt.
  7. wpage

wpage Active Member

Keep your door locked and let it all hang out!
  8. TEXAS 1957

TEXAS 1957 Member

I have the privilege of being not only in Texas but also out in the country with my own firing range on my property. I have 2 grown girls that are not at home anymore and a 16 year old son and all of them know firearm safety and how to shoot. All my kids were brought up knowing that all firearms are to be considered loaded, there are loaded firearms in the house, where they were, and if they wanted to shoot some all they had to do was ask and we would. This takes the curiosity factor out of the equation. I was raised with firearms around as most people my age were. It makes a difference how the children are taught to begin with.
  9. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

I like these answers.
    Either on my hip, where I am in control of it.
    Or in a quick safe right next to the bed.
  10. steve666

steve666 New Member

I'd get one of these, they have different models at varying price points from about $100 to about $300.
    [​IMG]
  11. Recon 173

Recon 173 Member

I keep my guns in a locked closet. The only gun that is outside of the closet is the one that I wear on my side. Simple program. No guns laying around unattended for small hands to find. The one gun that is outside is on my person so I can easily access it and keep it safe. I like my system.