Where to purchase good, reliable 7.62 NATO rounds

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CCubed, Jun 1, 2005.

1. CCubed

CCubed New Member

I just recently bought an FR7 Spanish Mauser. I know, I know, I've heard a lot recently about how bad and unsafe they are, but I've also heard some good things about them. Regardless, I plan to shoot 7.62 NATO rounds in the rifle - which, by the way, is in great shape. I am interested, though, on input as to where to buy surplus 7.62 x 51 rounds online. Any good, reliable dealers? I'll be grateful for any input on who to buy from.
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Stupid question time. Have you had the rifle to a gunsmith with go-no go guages?

I have a '93 small ring Mauser in 7x57 that was guaged as a "njo go" buy one gunsmith and mine said that it was okay to shoot the low pressure rounds through it. I have never had a problem shooting low pressure rounds in this rifle.
  3. CCubed

CCubed New Member

inplanotx, sorry, I missed it. You're asking whether I've taken my gun to a gunsmith? No, I haven't. Personally, I didn't quite see a reason to. I might, but that's not the issue here. I know you said "stupid question time", but all I was asking for was advice on where to find 7.62 NATO rounds. I'm not necessarily interested in feedback about the FR7 or how safe the '93 action is (although any advice is welcome), I'm simply asking for input on where to buy good surplus NATO rounds. Maybe I'm posting this message in the wrong forum; I don't know. If you're recommending that I first take my gun to a gunsmith, then thanks for that advice.
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Sorry you misunderstood my message. It was me asking the stupid question. It was not in any way directed at you.

If you want good NATO fodder, send a PM or email to 'Admin'. I have bought literally thousands of rounds from him and never had a problem.
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

6. GunnFixr

GunnFixr New Member

http://www.surplusammo.com

Decent source for South African 308

I like the Portugese best, but I have to wait for the gun shows to come around since no one around here carries it.

I did find 200 round cans of Portugese linked 308 at Dunhams, and I bought a can, and it is just as good as the other stuff, but it is a PIA to unlink.
  7. CCubed

CCubed New Member

Okay. Thanks. I will look at all of these sites, hopefully. :) Inplanotx, sorry about that misunderstanding. :)