1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Where would you go in time of unrest?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by lentz, Mar 17, 2010.

1. lentz

lentz Former Guest

I have read glocknut's piece on the new order,and got to thinking,what would the Nation be like if and when this came to pass.
    I learned to recognize wild plants as a boy.I know where to take my family.
    But how about the millions in N.Y.C.and other places,that will starve with a block of cheese on the table because they can't find the cheese slicer?
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  2. The Frisco Kid

The Frisco Kid New Member

You are so right And there will be neighbor against neighbor because they will kill for what food you have. A very interesting point. The desert is out as a choice no food there. Federal park perhaps
  3. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

lentz;
    This should be the topic of the day with everything that is currently going on with our "leaders" (sic) and the way they are leading us off a very steep cliff.
    I am not a doomsday sayer or any kind of a conspiracy nut, just a very concerned citizen and your topic seems to be cropping up more and more often these days.

Where are you going to go and where is the best place to be when the flag goes up? Everyone has their own ideas of the final stance and it is funny yet scary how many because they own guns believe they are going to take their families to the mountains and live off the land.

Funny and tragic at the same time mainly because it sounds good, it just will not happen. It can't happen and anyone who has taken the time to think it out realizes it will not work. But I imagine the first few days will get very crowded in the mountains.

I honestly believe the very best place to be is right in your home and everyone should be making preparations to do just that. Where else would you be safe and also be able to protect what you have and to keep your family together.

When the SHTF it will take only a matter of a few short hours for there to be monumental traffic jams that will essentially stop all traffic to the hills or any place else for that matter. IN addition, there will very quickly be roaming gangs seeking out those who are caught out and they will take everything you have for themselves. The police will be helpless in the face of this situation making them for all intents worthless.
    Remember Katrina? We should learn from that. How many police officers walked off their jobs with all their equipment to go and be with their families.
    How about all those police who went door to door to confiscate guns! What did they do with them? According to the law suits pending, they admittedly took the ones they wanted and then threw the others off the bridge into the swamps. (they admitted this).

There is time right now to lay in your years supply of food and water etc. We can and should be stockpiling paper goods and emergency medical supplies along with food and clothing and shoes that will last for a long time.

I don't know about you but I will be peeking out my own front door when it hits the fan.

UF
  4. doug66

doug66 New Member

There's no place like home. I'm not going anywhere, they will have to burn me outta here.
  5. petesusn

petesusn New Member

Ya'll are totally right about staying at home. You have your food, your ammo, your guns won't rust and you know what you can defend and from which part of the house. Not to mention a clean safe place to sleep, eat and s**t. Stocking up on food and ammo is good but you also need essentials (toilet paper, toothpaste, gun cleaning kit, duct tape, communications, ect.) The mountains may be pretty but I'm a bit too old now to be sleeping out in the open and being on the run all the time. Instead of me accidentally running into the bad guys let them come to me. My family and I are ready.
  6. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

I'm already here.

WTSHTF, living off the land will not last long. I live in a sparsely populated area with plentiful game. However not many people live exclusively off the land. When all of the people around here eat off the land it will empty of game quickly. Let alone if the city slickers show up.

If they are not able to find food, they had better go to assembly areas where supply's would allegedly be distributed. First week will be chaotic if Katrina was any indication. Don't know how bad it would get if there were no emergency radio announcements.

Can't believe we have already reached the point that this is be discussed as a probability not a possibility. Man I hope I don't have to eat possum and armadillo again.
  7. lentz

lentz Former Guest

I don't think staying home would be a good idea.
    Being right in the thick of things ,a person would'nt last long.
    No water or toiletries after everything shuts down,including power.plus depending on the population,1000's of people breaking in to take what you have.True you will have your guns and tons of ammo,but how many rounds can you get off before they turn you into a sieve?I'll take my chances out and away from others. If,their is such a place!!!!!

Attached Files:

8. Hells Toy Master

Hells Toy Master New Member

I made the realization that I needed more than a good set of guns for what is coming... when I did I also Joined This site The host, Kev, has some good vids on Youtube.

So if you want to venture off gun and conservative discussions and discuss TEOTWAWKI / SHTF / AWW CRAP then I recommend that site..

The end of the world as we know it = TEOTWAWKI
    SH** Hit The Fan = SHTF
    A World Without Computers Refrigerators And Phones = AWW CRAP
    ( somone on that site made up the last one. )
  9. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

If history of war has taught me anything worth remembering; it is that it is harder to hit a moving target.

I've seen the storm on the horizion & have been getting a rolling home/command center ready. ;)

SR
  10. petesusn

petesusn New Member

Now there's an idea. As long as fuel is readily accessable.
  11. mcw120566

mcw120566 Member

This is quite an interesting topic, because everyone will have an idea of what they think is best for their family. I have never been a person that subscribes to the doomsday theory, but a survivalist, you bet!

If s**t hits the fan, none of us will have cash to buy gas to get out of town, let alone have the power to run the gas pumps. What cash you do have most likely won’t be worth the paper that its printed on, and if you decide to run, and where are you going to go that won’t be flooded with others such as yourself?

We have decided that staying put is the best for us. We have put aside about six months of food stores. Dehydrated goods, long shelf life canned goods Etc... With the generator we will have the ability to have power on a limited basis, till the gas runs out, and then we distill more if needed. Water can be obtained from the pool as needed, and can be purified with the still.

The only real communications will be with our ham radios, so leaving that behind, would mean no communications to find out what is going on and possibly where safe places are to go if we really need to.

We have even gone so far as to put together an emergency surgical kit, took a lot of doing to get some of the stuff, but most (scalpels, sutures, basic instruments) can be found on eBay for a minimal price. The hospitals that are in operation, will be surly guarded, and in the event of an emergency, even if you can get there, you probably wouldn’t be able to get in anyway.

Our plan, STAY PUT! Defend what we have till there is no more defense, if things last longer than that, then we are all in trouble no matter where we are or have gone to. No matter how much you plan, you can’t haul more than a couple of days of survival in a car or truck if you have a family.
  12. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Wonder if it will be necessary to turn in arms to get into hospital or food distribution centers.

Will your name be on a list with firearms purchased and you have to account for them?

Might depend on whether the govt. had a hand in WTSHTF. Kind of like flushing a badger out of its den with fire and smoke.

Can't tell with this bunch. Katrina wasn't planed but I bet the Feds. learned a lot and Napolitano is smart enough to have people who can and will use the lessons learned.
  13. tireman7.62x54r

tireman7.62x54r New Member

I've wondered if SHTF would I be able to drive 1 hour south and get to my brothers house in the country. The roads may be too clogged with cars. The county sheriff's might put up road blocks at the bridges and not let anyone south of the river. Most counties won't want thousands of refugees coming into their area. It may be best to stay at home. But, unfortunately I'm only 1/2 hour southwest of Chicago, lots of thugs would be heading my way..
  14. big steve

big steve New Member

Most definetly I wouldn't go anywhere
  15. RickN

RickN New Member

I plan on us staying put the first few days or so until the initial wave of panic is over. We will use that time to get everything we need organized and loaded. We will listen to the news to find the safest route and where the trouble spots are. Then we will head to the family farm.

If you plan on staying put, make sure you have plenty of water in case city water goes down. Remember you will need more then just drinking water. You will need some for washing and flushing then toilets too.

Trouble 45-70, got any good recipes for possum and armadillo? If it ever does hit the fan they may become an important food source. :D