Where would you go in time of unrest?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by lentz, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

It is simple. We need to stop thinking of 'instant gratification'.
    That would be surrender.

It takes time. I'm not looking to feed the needy. I'll feed my own.
    Food does grow. Animals do breed. I don't need to be a farmer or a Dr of animal husbandry to make this viable. It already is.

We've been through it before. And we've survived.
  2. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

I submit you ought to read the journals of the mountain men and early pioneers.....

But each generation has to 'larn' some hard lessons on their own.....

But if you're interested in someone else's perspective, read Jerry Pournell's "There Will Be War" series - particularly "Armageddon"...... >MW
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  3. Artemus

Artemus New Member

I would go to the phone to report all the people I was forced to shoot because they tried to harm my family.
  4. noslolo

noslolo New Member

I had much better resources when I was younger and lived in Annapolis. My best friend's mother had a 38 foot sail boat that she had dumped 250K into so that she could sail around the world. They also had 35k in dehydrated food. I have since moved to the mountains of PA, where all of my wifes family is. They know how to live off of the land, but I still have a lot to learn. The resources to keep just my family of four fed and safe would be daunting for any extended time.
  5. navis128

navis128 New Member

My family would expect me to go home and if I didn't, I think they'd come get me :)

We've been here since the beginning...we'll be here thru to the end :D
  6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Amen.
  7. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Down to the corner of Martin Luther King and Caesar Chavez. It's probably very safe downtown. :D:D TJ
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  8. kingchip

kingchip New Member

Note To Self: Add cheese slicer to BOB.

My family was at Goliad and San Jacinto. We need to meet for a beer somewhere, sometime.
  9. navis128

navis128 New Member

Somewhere...sometime...someday :)
  10. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

You won't need it where you're at. There is enough deer there to live a lifetime on. No need to even hunt them, best I remember, they just walk right up to you...
  11. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    I envy you that are in the country. Living in the Burbs doesn't offer up a lot of targets (for food, that is). It would be shear terror. No law, no electricity, no hospitals. I'm not looking forward to that day. TJ
  12. michael t

michael t New Member

I moved where I am over 10 yrs ago for that reason . We are now known and part of the area we live in .So no longer a outsider . People around here very self sufficient and hunters and fisherman.
    I will stay here with the family and neighbors. We are way of the main road and be a while before the city folk find way here.
  13. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  14. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

I see you've already got a head start on that "community" Carver !!

Let me know how "hilling" small grains works out !

I'll stand by my original statement. Most of the "SHTF" scenarios/solutions I've come across won't work at any level above stone age primitivism ! >MW
  15. lentz

lentz Former Guest

If that were true MW,we wouldn't be here today.
  16. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Even at stone age primitivism you're warm in the winter, cool in the summer. You are eating, sleeping, and having sex. What more do you want..... Wall Mart?
  17. wpage

wpage Active Member

Camping near a wal mart sounds like a plan...
  18. xm774u

xm774u Former Guest

we are staying put the wife and i . we live in the sticks so i dont feel the need to go
    anywhere ill wait it out and let them fight it out . we have 6 mts food and seeds for
    next year i keep 30 gal of gas incase we have to go to "the rally point" 2 lbe
    setups with loaded mags and bandoleers side arms with butpack containing 3 stripped mre poncho, liner woll socks and a clean bdu,s magneaseum fire starter tool compass
    water purifing tabs blood clotting bandages 550 cord fishing line hooks med supplys
    i have the same setup with me all the time in my pick up only with a russian m44 and 40 rds why a m44 its cheap and if it gets stolen no big deal also its a bolt gun so it wont draw attn from the poliece . next would be 2 large alice packs with 2 mutch stuff to mention lolbasically the lbe setup is for fighting and quick access to loaded mags i forgot
    to mention the canteens and cups .