Where's The Flood of Pre-Bans ?

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by Hank, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Hank

Hank New Member

Before September, when I was selling off a large collection of pre-ban weapons, I kept hearing that I should reduce my prices because, after the sunset of the AWB, the market would be flooded with cheap pre-ban weaponry. So far I've not seen that happen and have had no problem moving guns at my price.
    Some people, more knowledgable than myself, have told me that the old pre-bans will forever be the more desirable and not lose value. They also said that now is the time to pick up those being dumped by the panic sellers.
    Where is the flood of post AWB pre-ban style firearms?
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Welcome to TFF from a fellow Mississippian! :) Afraid I'm not the one to answer your question, but someone who can answer it will be along soon. In the meantime, check out all our forums and make yourself at home. We have a great group of folks here!
  3. Hank

Hank New Member

Thanks, Southern Moss, it's nice to feel welcome. This looks like a nice site.
  4. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Glad to see you at TFF, Hank.

We trust you will visit often and post frequently.

Attached Files:

5. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Actually there is no flood for a reason, there is a short list of what was desirable and what was deemed "preban" and all the folks that labeled their own stuff "preban". The market is soft, but there is a new one now, it`s called "LEO Marked" These are going to be the new collectables.

LTS
  6. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Yea right. When ya gonna find me one? ;) :D :D :D :D
  7. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

I`m a thinkin FN 5SEVEN9 Pistol with two 20 round mags.......just cause I can now.

LTS
  8. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

And????????????????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  9. eric cartman

eric cartman New Member

There will not be a flood because pre-ban rifles will not lose any value.
    For the "after-ban" rifles to be legal, they still must have a certain amount of U.S. made parts, (per 1989 ban).
    The "pre-ban" rifles are more desirable to certain collectors because they have all of their original parts or because they are Chinese, (still banned), Yugoslavian, (no longer a country), or from another foreign country.
  10. stash247

stash247 New Member

Help me here.
    Since the sunset of the AWB, we can buy, build ,etc all of the "nasty" weapons that were "off the table" during that period; is this correct???
    Those that are no longer in production, like the G-series FAL, Colt SP-1, and all the rest, ought to continue to climb in value, as there are no more.
    And, AK's, SKS's, etc, for which there is an endless supply, to include all the AR-15 Variants, of other than Colt origin, ought to come down in price, and up in availability, as time progresses- right???
    What does this mean where a "post ban", but no longer "banned" rifle is concerned; can I add non-US parts, flash-hider, bayonet lug, pistolgrip, etc, to enhance value/functionality, or are these weapons caught in some legal "black hole"???