Which 1911 to replace Kimber

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Kidder86, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Kidder86

Kidder86 New Member

Hey all,

New guy here, ive been lurking for a few months and decided to join.

I am in the process of determining what I want to replace my Kimber Custom II Desert Warrior that was stolen from my house due to a roommate that did not lock his first story window. Worse part is this roommate is also the landlord he also had a Glock 17 taken from his room.

I am currently in the process of getting a check from my insurance company from my renters insurance.

I loved the Kimber that I had, however I have also wanted to get a 1911 that is easier to conceal. Im a pretty big guy 6' 220# however the full size 1911 as we all know is quite a large pistol that is bulky!

Thanks for your input.

mk
  2. Airdale

Airdale Member

Welcome to TFF Kidder.

Since you liked your Kimber why not go to a Kimber Super Carry (4" barrel) or
    the Ultra Carry (3" barrel)? As you probably know they ain't cheap.
  3. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Airdale has mentioned a good one!! Kimbers are fine shootin' arns.

I personally carry a S&W Pro Series 1911 Compact .45....Its light, concealable and powerful...

[​IMG]
  4. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

Get a CCO style 1911:

SIG currently Makes a 4.25" barrel on an Officer's frame:

[​IMG]
    http://sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/1911-c3.aspx

Kimber currently makes a 4" barrel on an Officer's frame: the 'Compact Stainless II'
    [​IMG]
    http://72hoursurvival.com/kimber/
    http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/compact-ii-pro-carry-ii/compact-stainless-ii

Colt has the New CCO from Talo and you can still find used versions of the older Colt CCO's as well. All the Colt versions are 4.25" barrel on an Officer's frame:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Springfield used to make a 4" barrel on an Officer's frame (they can still be found if you look). I own one and carry it often:

[​IMG]
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Here is my S&W E-series commander. I love this gun.

Attached Files:

6. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

Beautiful gun! I just got the Full Size E-series myself
  7. Double D

Yea, I saw you posted a pic. They really are nice!
  8. Python

Python Former Guest

S&W 1911 Sc ..Love this gun. Light weight, easy to conceal, and this gun has one of the lightest, sweetest, trigger pull of any 1911 I've had the pleasure of shooting.

Attached Files:

9. PanhandlePop

PanhandlePop Member

For a carry 1911, I think the CCO sized weapon with a lightweight frame is close to ideal. I have a Colt, but there are several good options: Colt, Dan Wesson, STI Guardian (but this one isn't LW if I recall), and the Sig shown above.
  10. hansom

hansom Former Guest

THe first thing you need to do is move out, between you and your buddy you have supplied the criminals with 2 Guns, move out before even thinking about buying another gun.
  11. Kidder86

Kidder86 New Member

Thanks for the advice everyone. I am going to head down to the store as soon as I recieve the check from the insurance company and compair what they have with the list of guns that eveyone has suggested and make my choice then I will post some pics of my decision.

Hansom thanks for your imput, however I dont feel like I have supplied anyone criminal or civilian. That would require me to have wanted to lose possession of my 1911. I feel as though in your post you are comparing me to the criminals that broke into our house and stole the guns. If this is the way you feel, good for you, I see it a different way.
  12. Double D

Really, I agree. No way a criminal runs me out of my house or makes me wait to buy another gun. To tell you to move out before buying a gun is outrageous. I say get you a new gun and this time have a plan for the crook when he breaks in. ;)
  13. savage170

savage170 Member

14. Python

Python Former Guest

:yeahthat:
  15. Kidder86

Kidder86 New Member

Double D and Python

That's why I went to my parents and picked up my Glock 19 the same day, just in-case they decided to come back for more holding us hostage with our own guns.

mk