Which canidate can you rely on?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ARB, Sep 18, 2009.

1. ARB

ARB New Member

With the nightmare that's going on in our country, who do you trust to run this country? I don't care what state you're from, or who your senators are.
    What, Republican or Democratic canidate can honestly, turn things around? One, of my biggest concerns is securing our borders. Hell, Bush was from Texas, and he was trying to give Illegals a driver's license. I'm, not trying to drudge up the past. I, just can't make heads from tails here. There are, so many narcissistic pukes on the Hill, who can you trust?
    I have never chosen a party. I have voted for both depending on several points of interest, for me, and for my country.
    If, I respond with a question that upsets you, don't get all pissy. I truely, just want too know.
  2. kingnothingugm

kingnothingugm Member

With the freedoms that the Fed has already swallowed up and the illegitimate powers they have assumed...I don't believe any one person is suitable to lead this country. Were the regulations governing the different bodies of government reverted to their original intent...then maybe someone could be trusted with the title "President". Until then I think anyone who finds their way into office is simply going to turn out to be more of the same.
  3. OBrien

OBrien New Member

Out of current politicians I don't think I trust any.
  4. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Good question. I think that it needs to be an "outsider" that has succesfully run a huge multi-national Corporation. Jack Welch, retired CEO of GE comes to mind.

Get excellent business people in power with term limits so they have one 6 year term to get it fixed and not worry about re-election. Do what is best for the country. Whether you are the Pres. Senator or Representative, you get 6 years and out!

Shouldn't it be asked why exhorbitant amounts of money are spent on an election for $ 200,000 per year jobs? I think somewhere I heard that Obama's campaign spent over 1 Billion Dollars getting this "front" elected.
  5. navis128

navis128 New Member

There aren't just two parties (I'm sure you already know that). There's also Libertarian. I'm not affiliated to any party and never will be, but if you want a true shake-up, you should get on line and see what they stand for. Some things would definately have to be debated, but I think a libertarian would at least listen to your argument and not insist they know better for you than you do.

I think I should have listened to Paul just a little more closely.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  6. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

NONE BURN THEM ALL AT THE STAKE AND THROW THEIR ASHES INTO SEA AS A REMINDER SHOULD HAVE DONE YOUR JOB!!!!
  7. navis128

navis128 New Member

I like the Tar & Feather thing better...longer agony and historically traditional
  8. ARB

ARB New Member

Big Ugly, if you burn them all, then who do you think should represent us as a country?
  9. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

We as a population can find a select FEW that can represent the nation. You cannot tell me that there is hardly anyone up there on that pannel that has truely represented our nation in forign policies or domestic policies. These choices of politicians that are put in front of us every election are getting worse and worse namely becouse these people know that with enough money and influence that they can get THEIR agenda to fly for THEIR own personal satifaction and not for the good of the nation or the policies of this nation or for the population of this nation. We need a severe restructure of our nations leaders.
  10. red14

red14 Active Member

I like Mitt Romney.;) He's the best I can see right now.:cool:

I wish Thomas Sowell would run.:)
  11. Bubblehead

Bubblehead New Member

If you're not doing so already, start watching Glenn Beck on the Fox network. He has a pretty interesting idea going called "The 56 Refounders".

I still like listening to the other conservative pundits but Beck is actually getting things done...like the ouster of ACORN for example.

John
  12. navis128

navis128 New Member

I like Beck too. He is as pissed as I am, and that sarcastic humor...it reminds me of when I've asked my daughter if she did something and does the Mencina impression.
  13. Rocket J Squirl

Rocket J Squirl New Member

Until someone says they will get rid of the illegal 14th amendment, they are all one world cronnies
  14. artabr

artabr New Member

One guy that I like alot is Congressman Steve Scalise (R) La. 1st. District.
    He's not my Rep. but I wish he was.
    He's done a lot for Firearms owners in Louisiana in the past and we finally got him moved up to the federal level. This is his first term.
    This guy has a lot of promise.

http://www.scalise.house.gov/bio.shtml

Bills he has sponsored.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/R?d111:FLD003:@1(Rep Scalise):

Regardless of what the press says David Vitter is a plus as a Senator.
    Another pro-gun guy.

Art
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  15. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member