Which German to buy?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (1/16/02 11:30:10 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Which German to buy?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you had an extra 5 bills what type of WWII German firearm would you buy? A Walter or a K98? And which style would it be?

Edited by: Flhunter at: 1/16/02 8:14:36 pm

WyomingSwede
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/16/02 1:17:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Which German to buy?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Five bills should get you at least four and probably five K-98s. As to the Walther...It is a great piece of finely engineered german steel, but there are other alternatives. I would pick up an east german makarov for $120 and have the same thing as your Walther without paying for the name.
    What are you looking at doing more specifically? Building a rifle or just a shooter? Collecting?
    Five bills ought to get you close to a P-38 walther. Sorry I cant be of more help. I like both collecting and shooting. I usually buy two...one to build and one to keep original.

regards swede
    Wyoming Swede

gun runner john
    (1/16/02 7:44:07 pm)
    You could get close to either a decent Luger or a P-38 for five clams, either would be a nice addition to your collection.

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/16/02 9:23:03 pm)
    If you are looking at rifles, an all matching excellent condition K98 with intact waffenampts would run you 5 bills.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

MO JENKINS
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/28/02 8:43:00 am)
    FLHUNTER,
    K98,K98,K98, OH Yeah, and K98! Did I forget to say K98!?
    Love the P-38, P-08's are kinda cool too, but IMHO the K-98 is one of a handful of firearms that have no peers, historically, functionally, and aesthetically! I keep one by the nightstand for home defense. Hard to say which is nastier, bayonet, buttplate or bullet! I think they all work together to make a pretty serious weapon. But don't listen to me, not only am I biased, but I'm a little crazy too!
    Your Buddy,
    MO JENKINS