1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Which German to buy?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (1/16/02 11:30:10 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Which German to buy?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you had an extra 5 bills what type of WWII German firearm would you buy? A Walter or a K98? And which style would it be?

Edited by: Flhunter at: 1/16/02 8:14:36 pm

WyomingSwede
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/16/02 1:17:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Which German to buy?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Five bills should get you at least four and probably five K-98s. As to the Walther...It is a great piece of finely engineered german steel, but there are other alternatives. I would pick up an east german makarov for $120 and have the same thing as your Walther without paying for the name.
    What are you looking at doing more specifically? Building a rifle or just a shooter? Collecting?
    Five bills ought to get you close to a P-38 walther. Sorry I cant be of more help. I like both collecting and shooting. I usually buy two...one to build and one to keep original.

regards swede
    Wyoming Swede

gun runner john
    (1/16/02 7:44:07 pm)
    You could get close to either a decent Luger or a P-38 for five clams, either would be a nice addition to your collection.

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/16/02 9:23:03 pm)
    If you are looking at rifles, an all matching excellent condition K98 with intact waffenampts would run you 5 bills.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

MO JENKINS
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/28/02 8:43:00 am)
    FLHUNTER,
    K98,K98,K98, OH Yeah, and K98! Did I forget to say K98!?
    Love the P-38, P-08's are kinda cool too, but IMHO the K-98 is one of a handful of firearms that have no peers, historically, functionally, and aesthetically! I keep one by the nightstand for home defense. Hard to say which is nastier, bayonet, buttplate or bullet! I think they all work together to make a pretty serious weapon. But don't listen to me, not only am I biased, but I'm a little crazy too!
    Your Buddy,
    MO JENKINS