1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

which gun to buy

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by old semperfi, Sep 25, 2010.

1. old 33

old 33 New Member

the jennings i have is an excellent paperweight.....lol
  2. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF beenponting......

I have 7 Ferrarris, 8 Lamborghini's, 9 Bentley's, and a Dodge dually
    but I don't drive, so I would not recommend these to anyone. :)
  3. indevildog

indevildog New Member

hello all new here,saw some talk about the enfeild mk4 308 i have one bought it at the 1500 still had burrs in rifling had to soak it for a while to get the grease out no problems I bought some 308 and 762 ,they do shoot different im going to scope it any good mounts out there?
  4. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF indevildog
    You over near Pimento somewhere??
    I had a good friend there......
  5. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  6. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 New Member

A low priced gun that is safe to shoot is an excellent gun
  7. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Well put old semperfi! My first carry gun was a Firestar m-40. I carried it for years without an issue. Buy what you can, and upgrade from there. My personal feelings are "Everyone is welcome here".
  8. wingspar

wingspar Member

I get tired of people saying this gun is junk and that gun is junk, and they never seem to be able to tell why they feel it is junk. They just like to jump on the “junk bandwagon”. Those kind of posts are not constructive, and never help the OP anyway. I own a gun that probably 50% of people that post about it call it junk, and the gun works well for me. It’s had its problems, but it one reads the manual, and feeds and treats the gun properly, it will make the owner happy. There are some guns and brands that people just love to bash, and those people do nothing to really help the OP, and actually might turn the OP off on a gun they would really like. I tend to stay out of those kinds of threads.
  9. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Jay, I too have had excellent service out of Taurus, only asked once, but overnight missing part no questions asked! I have 7 Taurus and they all serve me well. On the main topic I agree with berto64, I buy as many as I can, best quality I can afford at the time and love everyone! My biggest problem is I have gotten rid of two guns in my life (my gun life is 50/ 62-12), and I still have remorse over letting them go. I miss them terrible and have come to the conclusion never to let that happen again! I don't know about you guy's, but I get very attached.
  10. Jay

Jay New Member

I'm not trying to be condescending... but ... ya gotta remember, this is the internet. If I were to say that my Colt Python is junk, because it's not accurate, it might just be that I can't shoot. I wouldn't mean that YOUR Python is junk, so don't take it that way. If I said, now, Bubba, your Python is junk, that's a different story. When I read a negative post about a certain firearm, I don't take it to mean MY firearm.... Everyone has an opinion, and they don't necessarily have to validate it... one would think that folks would have a basis for their opinion, but ya just never know.

Some folks just like to agitate, or fish for a wild response...... relax.
  11. Inthewind1976

Inthewind1976 Member

"Cheap" doesnt always mean the same thing as "inexpensive" and I am a firm believer that ANY firearm is better than NO firearm. There ARE "brands" of firearms that I will NOT own; based on over 30 years of shooting, and a crapload of experience with damned near every "brand" you can name. If someone indicated to me that they were going to purchase a "highpoint" or a "ruby" I would certainly try to steer them clear. This is certainly NOT because of any elitist mentality, but rather because, among other reasons, someone who winds up with a "first firearm" that is junky, they will not progress and develop the same interest and skill as they would with a more successful purchase. I personally believe that someone on a budget, with a need or desire for a "first firearm" can always be well served with a solid, quality brand 38spec revolver. Not because its necessarily "best" in every category; but because it is the ULTIMATE one firearm battery for VALUE, ease of operation, safety, adequate relative "power" and safety.
  12. djjoshuad

djjoshuad New Member

I firmly believe that if I don't own one, it's junk. Unless I buy one, then it's elite. Maybe if you let me shoot yours I'll just call it "okay"

:-D