1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Which Press?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Maddmaxx, Oct 19, 2012.

1. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i happen to have a lee classic C and a rcbs rockchucker supreme. I've used both to deprime, size and seat .. they both, as someone else said.. turn out a finished cartridge that is indistinguishable from another.

the rcbs was a 200$spendy press.. the lee was 20$ you can't really compair them. if I used them both coninoulsy.. the lee would probably have issues long before the rcbs.

I like having both.. I can deprime on the lee as a single operation.. then do other steps as needed..

the point it.. it's rare that you will only have 1 press forever... :)
  2. budman46

budman46 New Member

lee aluminum presses work, but aren't my cup of tea. lee's classic cast turret, however, is excellent; i have 3 dillons and a rockchucker...idle most of the time, but my classic turret is always in use; it'd be the last i would let go.
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Lee presses are as good as anything else out there. I've been using them for around 40 years, and have yet to have a problem.
  4. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

Consider a Redding turret press if this is the style you really want. They're a bit pricey, but according to the good folks at Sinclair's this is the only one of it's type capable of turning out benchrest match quality ammo. For a lifetimes worth of reloading, cry once about the price and never look back.
  5. zant

zant Active Member

I like the Lee turret,but would NEVER purchase a Lee progressive-my Dillon 550 spoiled me for anything else...
  6. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

I bought a RCBS single Stage used,,from a 20 year plus reloader who also owns a Lee Multi stage,,,does that make the RCBS junk and the lee Better No,,he can make a 200.00 lee do the same Job as a 600.00 RCBS ,,for me a single stage is more idiot proof I load 2-300 rounds a week,, as far as Customer service is concerned you can,t beat RCBS