The Firearms Forum banner

which should i get, a uberti el patron or ruger vaquero gloss stainless?

Tags
ruger
13K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  GoodOl'12gauge 
#1 ·
decisions, decisions...

i am torn between a case hardened uberti el patron, hand tuned with wolff springs and a ruger vaquero in gloss stainless. both are 357/38 spl

the price difference is marginal, the looks are quite different but i like both equally. i am kinda a precision freak so i would give the nod to the one with better fit, finish, maintaining its value.

#2 ·
they are two different animals... The uberti is a classic 4 click single action while the vaquero most likely will be the new model 2 click transfer bar system. Hammer throw is longer with the vaquero and loading and unloading procedure will differ slightly. Both are great guns though... does the vaquero have any mods done to it?

#3 ·
they are two different animals... The uberti is a classic 4 click single action while the vaquero most likely will be the new model 2 click transfer bar system. Hammer throw is longer with the vaquero and loading and unloading procedure will differ slightly. Both are great guns though... does the vaquero have any mods done to it?
no mods that i can think of, plain old KNV-35 model.... isnt the vaquero much bigger and heavier than the uberti. i think somebody told me that. i like big and heavy anyway...

#4 ·
they are built like aircraft carriers. I have one in .45 colt and love it. The ubertis are lighter and faster handling though

#8 ·
No Brainer.

Buy AMERICAN, the job you are helping to save could be yours.
Sadly, they are getting harder and harder to find at reasonable prices.:(

#10 ·
Whats that? jobs, or american made guns? ;)
I'd say both, but an American made handgun that's under $1000 is kinda hard to find, other then a used handgun, but you aren't really helping a job, other then the gun store owner and his/her staff, if he or she has one.

#11 ·
To hell with ruger single actions, they arent true colt clones if single actions were meant to have transfer bars and the load gate free the cylinder then old sam woulda made them that way go with the uberti I have 2 1873's from them in 45 colt and they are flawless and again to hell with ruger single actions I do like there other guns though just not the single actions.=]

#13 ·
Are you asking about a Vaquero, or a New Vaquero?

The Vaquero is/was built on the Super Blackhawk frame. Bigger and stronger in all directions and dimensions than a Colt. The New Vaquero, which only comes in 357 and 45 Colt, is built on a smaller frame than the Vaquero, and is the same size as the Colt, as is the Uberti. If it's a New Vaquero, it's gonna weigh and feel the same as the Uberti.

Still gonna have that "New Model" transfer bar garbage, but then, on the plus side, you can safely put six in it. Can't do that with the Uberti. Well, you can, but you really shouldn't.

#14 ·
I always put 6 in. Even though I coulda blowed a nice big hole in my foot, it just aint right to carry a 6 shot revolver with 5 in it IMO...;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.