Which Sig?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by RIPBiker13, Dec 7, 2007.

?

Which Sig?

1. The nitron finish P229R

21 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. The stainless finish P229 Elite

15 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. RIPBiker13

RIPBiker13 New Member

The P229R
    [​IMG]
    or the P229 Elite Stainless
    [​IMG]
    I already have P229R in .40 and love it but I've been debating whether or not it's worth get the stainless one.
  2. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

It's all on personal preference. I, personally, don't like anything stainless, whether it's matte, polished or whatever.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  3. pawn

pawn Active Member

got my p228 when nitron was the only choice (sorta like fords when you could have any color you wanted- as long as it was black :))

all the same, i like the nitron finish best but thats just my personal preferance
  4. RIPBiker13

RIPBiker13 New Member

I'm happy with my Nitron I was just curious as to the opinions of others. :D
  5. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

A Sig is just not a Sig without a Nitron finish. Now that I think about it, a Sig is just not a Sig unless it is a P220. ;)
  6. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Stick with the nitron you already have. Use the money to get something to go with it.
  7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I'd stick with the nitron...

A gun is an appliance. When it wears out, replace it... There's no need to upgrade if the current model is sufficient.
  8. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

In my opinion you have a very simple choice, "if it is not broke, then why try to fix it." Keep what you have and spend the money on leather or sights or on your babies if you have them. Just my opinion. Now if your as rich as Bill Gates heck get two of each.:eek:;) catfish
  9. It doesn't get much better than the Sig P229, RIP. I stay with the Nitron finish personally. I'm not too fond of the stainless guns myself, but that is mostly just from an aesthetic perspective. They do have their uses, especially if carried under high moisture conditions. As Cat said, if it ain't broke, why fix it? If you're feeling plush and just want another pistol (I know that feeling! ;)), I spend the money for a different model or caliber, like a P220 or P239, so as to have additional versatility available to you.
  10. gunnutmechanic

gunnutmechanic New Member

I could'nt agree more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

While I love both of my P220's (SAS Carry & Supermatch), I'm also quite fond of my P230.

As for RIPBiker13's question, I'm not much help. If it were me, I'd be so torn I'd end up buying them both. (Which is why I have two P200's! :D )
  12. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the nitron finish is a black finish on an already stainless steel gun. To me that means getting one that looks stainless is only about the looks of it. I personally don't even like the shiny look of stainless...
  13. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Sig 1911 GSR for me. Had a P226 yrs ago that was fantastic but now it's just the GSR.
  14. artabr

artabr New Member

Nitron finish with the wood grips.

Art
  15. Tom

Tom Member

My personal preference is for the stainless. I prefer stainless to blued, and greatly prefer steel to aluminum (frames).