Which suppressor do you have?

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by Gene Seward, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

O.K. I have decided to buy the suppressor and have completed the forms, but have not shown which one I want. I have about decided on the Surefire for the .308. My other two were the Gemtech and the Innovative Arms. My decision not to use the Innovative Arms was based on the video posted on youtube showing on being fired and it was from the front view and it was really quiet. The only thing was that if you watched closely the powder blast was seen just ever so slightly before you heard it. I think it is because the camera was zoomed in from further away to make it sound even better. How about you that are using a suppressor or have knowledge of them? What have you seen in person that works really well? Thanks as always and hope you all have had a great weekend. Gene
  2. A-FIXER

A-FIXER New Member

Weird, When I sent my paperwork in I had to have the serial# of said can on it. Otherwise it would be incomplete paperwork and extend the wait time. But to answer the question YHM.....
  3. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

I have the paper work done except for the info. about the suppressor. I am just trying to decide which one is for me. Thanks for the info. about yours.
  4. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

Gene, before you buy, check out Elite Iron website. They are here in Montana and make good stuff.
  5. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

Thanks Wyoredot. I did and they look pretty good. There are no dealers within about 300 miles of my home. I looked at the Sure Fire and they look good and have a good rep., but they also need the connector that cost another $175..
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  6. A-FIXER

A-FIXER New Member

Ok Gene,
    read too much I thought you sent your paperwork in. Any how I use YHM great quality, not as costly as some and they even make a fal threaded flashhider which the can is a Quick QD mount type what type of .308 is the barrel threaded already?
  7. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

I have a DPMS LR308-L with a Jerry Miculek compensator on. I love the gun, but I have had two back surgeries and need another so I sit and shoot as much as I can for pleasure. I used to run and power lift for ease of mind, but that is out of the question.