Which would you buy and why?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Gun Geezer, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

you find that your baby Glock is too big for the type of pocket carry you want to do?
  2. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

Give the Kahr CM9 a good look over. Small and still fairly light,thin and very controlable and can be bought for in the looow 400 dollars range.

Today any gun you buy could give you problems but for me I have not found that to be true yet. I did carry a pf-9 for 2 1/2 years and worked just fine . the kahrs are just plane easier to shoot and control.

When a 9mm get as light as the pf-9 it is harder to control and then design helps more.
  3. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Kahr CW 9, but if you want stopping power CW 45. If you want smaller yet there's the CM 9.
  4. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Florida weather dictates shorts and a tee shirt and that's as dressy as it gets. My G-26 is a favorite of mine and a great shooter but I don't consider it a pocket gun. I have been rotating between a P3AT and a S&W 342. Anything larger or heavier looks like I'm carrying a lead anchor in my pocket. I love my KLCR but it flops when I walk screaming "gun".

If I could dress layered with a tee shirt and light jacket or button-down shirt over a tee, I would carry my EMP IWB or G-30SF, but going in stores or in the heat of the afternoon I would have to start peeling clothes or sweat like a pig. Did I mention I'm a tad over weight? It's not a pretty sight, but at my age I avoid as many mirrors as I can.
  5. north tex

north tex Member

You need to check out the "Tractiongrips" web site. Made mine much more comfortable. I do about 70 rounds per session now:D
  6. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

I have been through the same process and settled on the PF 9. I did have an issue that Kel Tec was quick to solve (about 1 week). DAO, no safety and 9 mm. I did not buy it as a range gun and it has worked well for me.
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  7. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I think an LC9 would be a fine choice especially with a couple of mods, if you can get along w/o a lefty set-up that is.

At any rate, I don't really credit the 9mm so much with having "stopping power" as having "killing power".
  8. chubcobear

chubcobear New Member

Big hands, P-11 better. P-11 carries easy in front pocket most cargo shorts.
  9. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

Worst trigger ever too. But light high cap pistol. And the street price is right.
  10. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

So, Geezer, did you end up buying anything? :D