White stuff in NE Texas????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crpdeth, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I am amazed... We haven't seen snow like this in years. I'm loving it! :D

Got a chance to get out with the camera yesterday morning, but it was snowing so hard that it was like being out in the rain with a camera, so that hindered things... It went on to snow HARD for the rest of the day and all night. Unbelievable for this area.

Here are a few shots from the beginning of the snowfall.

Crpdeth

Attached Files:

2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Yea, Cprdeth, ain't it neat. Just got this one from my cousin who is living on Toledo Bend near Many LA. He says the neighbors are in a panic, ha. I used to live on TBend my self after I retired but had to move back north to take care of my father. I have about a foot of snow on the ground here. Enjoy!
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  3. ARB

ARB New Member

Yep, my mother lives about an hour and a half east of Atlanta and they have already closed the schools! They are only expecting 1-2 inches, and it hasn't even started yet! She told me that it's about 40 degrees right now, so it won't even stick to the roads. I laughed and asked her if the grocery stores have been looted. :eek:
  4. navis128

navis128 New Member

This is my front yard this morning. Ain't it purdy? I don't know if we actually got 7" or not, but we didn't have even a breeze, so I don't think it's from drift.

Attached Files:

5. Texman

Texman New Member

Bout the same here just south of Fort Worth. I got some pics up at my blog spot if you care to see them. http://benntexas.blogspot.com/ I didn't measure it today, but yesterday I had 4 inches, WE set an all time record in the DFW area for the most snow since records have been kept
  6. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

We're not in Texas, but have about the same amount [6"] in Southwestern Mississippi !!!!! It just stopped falling about 1200 hours.
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I'm about 30 miles south west of Shreveport, LA; Elysian Fields, TX. What I measured this morning was 6-8 inches. It usually snows down here in this part of the country about once every few years. This is the 5th, or 6th time it has snowed here this year. Must be because of global warming?

Attached Files:

• 032.jpg
      032.jpg
      File size:
      69 KB
      Views:
    • 026.jpg
      026.jpg
      File size:
      123.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  8. Willie

Willie Active Member

We have just had a whole bunch of rain. I do have about 6" of mud at the new house site. Goooey sticky mud. All of my shoes are ruined as I have chickens there and have to walk thru it to feed etc. I do like the pictures,must be a real good camera? Also noticed the bum has Carhart coveralls. Smart.
  9. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Willie, it's a good one to me, really it is Nikons entry level DSLR. I wanted to go digital for a long time and really appreciated Nikon for coming out with a less expensive model that I could afford (Actually I think I did sell an item or two, to help out :p ).

I noticed the coveralls as well since I have a pair of the bib overalls just like them. I've worked in those things for years, they ain't really pretty, but they sure do a good job. :D

Crpdeth