Who are the REAL mind-numbed robots ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thomas44, Feb 17, 2009.

1. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

Conservatives are constantly being accused of being mind-numbed robots by the liberals, but is this accurate ? Maybe the lib's need to take a good look at themselves, which isn't going to happen because they don't have the humility to do so.
    All the lib's are touting the pork bill as being the salvation of the U.S. economy, but do any of them know what's in it ? NO They just hear the messiah say it'll happen and they swallow this crap.
    They tell Republicans that the government needs to stay out of their bedroom and their business when I have no desire to get into their business or anyone else's business, but liberals are apparently proposing a GPS chip in Mass. so the government can "monitor" how much they drive and can tax mileage accordingly, and the real mind-numbed robots don't have a problem with this !
    Mind-numbed robots indeed ! This stuff is pi&&ing me off !
  2. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Best not to get to pi&&ed off Thomas. I am sure that the Dems will figure out quickly they can make a ton of cash by taxing "pi&&ed off". There will be a neverending flow of pi&&ed off tax revenue as long as the Demms remain in office and control of congress.
  3. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

One day at lunch I was talking about how people, especially at big discount stores, will circle the parking lot searching for the closest spot regardless of the fact that they see others doing the same thing unsuccessfully. A coworker identified this as a form of 'herd mentality' and I agree that it is. A thinking person realizes that its futile to go searching for the closest spot as it almost always prolongs your trip. We as people, go search for the closest spot because everyone else is doing it... Most people vote in much the same way. They blindly follow politicians like they would choose to pull for a pro sports team, except that they usually know a good bit more about the sports team's record. :rolleyes:

I watched a line of cars circle a bowling alley parking lot one Saturday, all thinking they'd be the ones to get the closest spot. They pulled in one after another and followed each other to the front entrance, realizing there were no spots, and then heading toward the back of the lot where the closest spot would be. It was like a line of ants, one following the other and few realizing the act was a dumb, unproductive decision. :confused:

Look for examples of herd mentality in your everyday life and it will scare you to see how few people actually think for themselves... :eek::(
  4. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

They don't need your help, don't give em' any ideas.;)
  5. artabr

artabr New Member

I heard something about the Dems wanting to start a national sales tax to help pay for the new tax cuts Obozo just signed into law under the Porkusall Bill. :rolleyes:
    I'll try to find a link.

Edit: I can't find a link. Maybe this is good that I can't find anything.

Art
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  6. noslolo

noslolo New Member

I just sit here banging my head on the desk!!