Who do I vote for now that Perry won the Primary?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 45nut, Mar 3, 2010.

1. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Since my girl Medina didn't place and she was the best bet going, I think I'll have to vote for the second most honest politician running for Governor of Texas, Bill White. At least he's honest about being a DEMOCRAP!! :mad::eek:

To say I am angry is an understatement. I am angry enough to vote for a DEMOCRAP that was pretty good for Houston and admits he's a Democrap unlike Rick Perry, who ran Algore's campaign in 88 in Texas.

Perry talks conservative at election time and governs like a democrap the other 3 years. Damn his hide. I'd rather Bill White won which would give Medina a strong run in 4 years. Slick Willy ain't got nothing on Slick Rick. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    There is always Jeff Daiell. At least you wouldn't have to hold your nose to vote for him.
  3. Airdale

Airdale Member

Sorry, but "your girl" wasn't ready for prime time. Not from Texas but ya go ahead and vote for the Dem! Lotta people used that logic in the last presidential election and that worked out well didn't it? How's the Democrat representatives from Texas in congress working for you? Maybe you should calm down and take your loss and move on!
  4. new308handloader

new308handloader New Member

My biggest fear coming true......The conservative vote will be split between the Tea Party and Republicans and the Democrat will utimately win even though there were more conservative voters.

No matter how angry you are, you must vote, and you must vote for the conservative.

Perry got over 50% of the vote....Texas is an awsome state, lots of Tea Party and conservative people....they voted for who thay thought would be best. This isn't a ding against the Tea Party, it just that particular candidate wasn't the best choice. Most of us would love to see a Tea Party win a primary...it will happen, just watch....but if a Republican wins in a particular race, then by all means vote for that person...anything else goes against what this whole forum is about.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  5. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Air & 308,

I'm no fan of Democraps, but I voted for former Dem Ralph Hall (changed to GOP several years ago) because he had a more conservative voting record than Newt Gingrich as a Democrap.

I do plan on voting, that is a moot point. Medina was the best candidate based on her platform and I believe she will make another run for office and next time she will do better.

Folks not from Texas need to realize that Perry runs as a conservative, but governs as a moderate. The huge land grab for the Trans Texas Corridor using eminent domain (600,000 thousand acres) and the mandatory vaccination of young girls with gardocil for STD prevention were both stopped by the Texas legislature after being pushed hard by Perry. He actually signed the mandatory vaccination into law and it was overturned. Does that sound like a freaking conservative to you? Mandating a new and relatively untested drug for your child is conservative? Stealing your land so a foreign country can build a unneeded highway through the country is conservative? Give me a freaking break. Anyone can talk about this, but please know something about Texas and the conditions here before blasting away.

Perry is also a member of the Bilderburg Wackos.

The 15 billion we had in reserve that Beck kept hammering on??..................is gone, now we're 2 or 5 billion in the hole. Perry wants to position himself for a national run and Texas does not need his moderate governing any more.

Now my frustration is do I vote for the same guy again expecting different results? Isn't that the definition of insanity, doing something over and over again expecting different results? That's what I thought.

The majority of the Texas legislature is Republican which would hold the Democrap agenda at bay and White was a pretty good Mayor. I don't want to elect a raving liberal, but White and Perry are very close in how they govern. Only 12 out of 32 Representatives in the House from Texas are Democraps.

P.S. Airdale, maybe I'm not the one that needs to calm down, and speaking of how are the Democraps doing in Texas........ I see that 3 out of 4 of your Reps, both Senators and Governer are Democraps. So, how's that hope and change working for you pal? Why don't you take care of business in good ole Arkansas and I'll do the same for Texas. All hat and no cattle indeed.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    45nut look at the totals on the votes. The number of people that voted Republican in TX is almost twice as large as the number of people that voted Democrap. Even if everyone that voted for Medina voted Democrap it wouldn't change things. The Rickester will get another term. I too voted for Medina. Like you I think it's well past time for a change at the top, here in TX, but obviously not yet.
  7. Airdale

Airdale Member

You are absolutely right about our representatives. The one conservative happens to be from my district. Two of the three democrats have announced that they won't seek reelection because they are damaged merchandise and couldn't get elected dog catcher. My Representative is challenging Blanch Lincoln (who is in a ton of trouble) for the Senate and has my full support as he is possibly the most conservative person in congress. So, You see things are looking up here in Arkansas. Now if we can scare the crap out of our other Dem. Senator.

Sorry If I offended but after hearing people threaten to stay home in the last election because their first choice for president wasn't the candidate...well, that sort of thinking has become a sore point.

Oh, BTW I agree whole heartedly with your point about Newt.
  8. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Airdale, we just might have them on the run here. When I first moved to La. there were nothing but Dems on the ballot except for president and those Dems. would be preferable to many of the RINOs we currently have in Congress. Now there are many GOPs in La. and most are conservative. I see the same winds of change sweeping through Ar. that swept out Dem. control in La. The future is looking up. The TEA partys have been encouraging. So many people who have never done anything political and they want change back to Constitutional Govt. I think they are a force to be reckoned with. I just hope we can keep them from being coopted by the same old tired GOP. So far so good. It's great to be here in Ar. just as this started.
  9. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Air,

Forget about it! I will never stay home and not vote besides, deep down I can't see letting even a conservative Democrap loose in the Texas Governor's Mansion because of the message it would send to the rest of the US.

We've got the buggers on the run and we need to run all the corrupt bastids out on a rail.

Congrats on having the Conservative in your district. My Rep is Jeb Hensarling and he is pretty tough and vocal. If we could just get a real conservative Governor who would reassert our 10th Amendment and start the nullification process.

Medina will run again and my signed hunting hat and yard sign will be viable once more!!!!!!!
  10. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave Member

Perry, given the alternatives. Kay Bailey was just not up to it and I was urging someone to run against her last time she was up for election. She became a libertard until O got elected.
  11. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I feel for you 45. I didn't think Medina was all she was made out to be. I still think Perry was the logical (NOT best) choice.

I think the best thing you and other residents in Texas can do is be sure and keep a "conservative" majority when it comes to your state reps. They are the ones that have the power to make law.

The only thing a governor can really do is sign a bill into law; OR suggest a bill to the state houses. (It's the same with the POTUS) Either way, its the elected "State" Representatives that design the bills. (Same with the Feds)

It stands to reason that conservatives in the state house & state senate will not send him bad bills to sign. So be sure and keep "STRONG" conservatives in the majority of your state representatives.

Strong majorities within your representative body can STOP a Gov or a Pres in his tracks. "IF" the majorties are large enough, they can even reverse the course of an administration. (This is the HOPE that I cling to for the 2010 elections!)
  12. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Sound advice Johnny Reb and that's what I am holding up as a light in the darkness. Actually, it's what I cling to in order to stay reasonable sane in these dark days.

I do however think Medina is as good as promised, but we will have to wait and see.