Who has the best sub?

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by 76Highboy, Jul 14, 2012.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The wife and I ordered a Blimpie's Best From Blimpies today. This is our favorite submarine sandwich. We order it with the bigger bite which means extra meat. Then we have roasted red perrers, pepperchinies, mayo, salt, pepper, oregano, black olives, tomatoes, and lettuce put on it. Just the right lunch for a hot summer Saturday.

http://www.blimpie.com/menu/deli_subs.html

Attached Files:

2. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You can't find Blimpies around here anymore. I used to really enjoy the sub they made with Pita Bread.

Penn Station, here in the Cincinnati area makes a realy good toasted sub. Their bread is the best I've had anywhere.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  3. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Blimpie's is good, but they don't have them here. My favorite is Togo's., a west coast sandwich franchise. Great fresh food.
  4. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

The U.S. NAVY! :D

Well some Subways are OK, ours is always fresh but I like my local Brier Hill Philly Steaks with green peppers, onions, provolone, ummmm. (only second to my homemade ones ;) ).

They also make a good Italian Delight sub, Pepperoni, Salami, Capacola & cheese and $7.95 for a GIANT.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  5. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I noticed my Brier Hill Pizza Ribs & Wings Italian Delight look somewhat like Jim's BLIMPIE, they will add tomato, lettuce all that free....making me hungry!
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I like Jasons Deli subs and Which wich too. But my fav is the freaky fast and freaky good subs from Jimy Johns.
  7. 76Highboy

Jimmy Johns, oh ya. Especially the hunter.
  8. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I can't eat Subway if I do then my neck and face turn all red and I itch for hours. Plus I think their sandwiches SUCK.

I got a couple of local places here that will bring the smack down to any of them national chain places and their craptastic stuff they call food.

Quiznoes was OK too expensive for a sub they run through an oven.

Subway Well see above.

Blimpie every one I ever had was soggy like they dunked stale bread in water to make a sandwich.

Togo's was OK for a chain. Still didn't care for them much.
  9. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Firehouse subs - Smokehous Beef and cheddar brisket sub. Best I have ever eaten. I have to drive an hour to the closest Firehouse and it is worth every mile.
  10. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

How did I forget about them. They do make a mean sammich.
  11. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I think a big part of any chain is the local management and employees, we have two McDonalds two miles north or south of us, one is good one is terrible, why? Management!

Our one local Subway is OK, large volume, good employees and fresh food.

I'll take our family run Brier Hill over all the franchises all-in-all.

And yes some franchises suck, not all. ;)
  12. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

You guys are all Nuts,,,My Deli makes the Best Subs
  13. 76Highboy

That sounds good. I'll bet it's worth every mile.
  14. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Yes, I first tried one in Orlando FL when I was down with my daughters college softball team and got hooked. Then I found a Firehouse Sub shop about an hour away and I take a ride now and then. One thing about Firehouse is that they pride themselves on a collection of hot sauces and line the counter with bottles that you can take to table to use and then return. They have 50-75 bottles of different hot sauces. Great to try some before buying.
  15. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    We have a Firehouse, a Subway, and a Quiznoes with in 30 miles of us. I just wish that K-Mart still made them, they were the best! Here, the chain shops are all about the same, just put together differently, and with some different ingredients. The best I've had was from a restaurant called Mike Anderson's in Gonzales, LA. Close to me though is Auntie Skinner's Riverboat Club, in Jefferson, TX, they are the best around here.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012