Who has the best sub?

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by 76Highboy, Jul 14, 2012.

1. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 Former Guest

Subway may make the best tuna sandwich on the planet.everything else they make is bland and flavorless.Jimmy Johns makes a very respectable sub.
  2. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I had to check it out, nice menu, founded by firemen and Hawai'i stuff all over their ads (my favorite retirement spot on earth).

Closest 37 miles in Crandberry PA, 57 mi. near Pittsburgh and 5 in Columbus, 3+ hours away.

http://www.firehousesubs.com/
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  3. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Sounds like a road trip is in order for you. Oddly I will be heading to NE Ohio for a short camping trip in mid August. Guess there will be no Firehouse subs on this trip LOL.
  4. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You keep talking about hot sauces and sandwich's and I'll be making a drive there shortly. Now my morning cereal doesn't even taste good.:D
  5. terryu1

Yes I could eat meat for all three meals. I was visiting my daughter down at her new home and she took us to a restaurant "Riverwalk Saloon" outside Palmyra PA. It is a BBQ joint and you can smell it before getting parked in lot. Always a good sign.

After checking the menu if found the Smokehouse Stack. It was BBQ Chicken, BBQ Pork, BBQ Sausage, BBQ Ribs and BBQ Brisket with a small side of cole slaw and a whole rack of BBQ, sauces etc. No bread, side veggies or salad. Now THAT IS A MEAL.
  6. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

+1, except that I have two less than a mile from work and one is just right out front.
  7. terryu1

I know, I just returned from camping vacation near Tyro NC. But I was all about BBQ/Sweet Tea and no hoagies that trip LOL
  8. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

A meal or a menu? And yes I'm a meat & potatoes guy....now in some moderation or I'd eat homefries and eggs with sausage or cooked in bacon grease every morning.:D
  9. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

no firehouse subs in ct. and i don't like the cold cuts at subway
  10. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Wife stole my car for work as hers is in the shop. So its Wawa subs tonight. I love me some wawa.
  11. FW!

FW! New Member

I also liked K-Mart sub also. I prefer Tubby's over Subway although they dropped my favorite the grilled Italian Sausage
  12. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

no Tubby's in ct. either
  13. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Geez Beth, where have you been? It gets a little boring when you are silent.:) Or maybe our paths just did not cross.
  14. terryu1

No it was one meal on the menu with 5 different BBQ meats and a little slaw on the side. Washed it down with two big sweet tea's.
  15. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Oh geeezzzzz, and the wife brought me home a good and healthy shrimp salad for supper.

I don't think it will go with BBQ sauce. :dontknow: