Who is ann coulter ? really, Ok person or just another newsie?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jack404, Feb 6, 2010.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

G'day folks

I'm a bit known here in oz as being outspoken on a few things

and a recent few incidents have been bringing some attention and a journo in the US i know asked me if i'd like to have a chat with a bird called ann coulter

i looked her up online and some of her stuff is ok and other stuff hmmm

is she ok or just another newsie looking for people who can help build her career while she hangs em out to dry??

cheers

jack
  2. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

I don't know about her personally, but I've never heard of her hanging people out to dry. I have read many of her books and enjoyed them all. If I had an opportunity to chat with her, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
  3. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

I have read her weekly updated internet page for several years, and watched some of her appearances on TV. I have not read any of her books, yet. I agree with some of what she says and a little not so much but her point of view is pretty conservative. She is religious but not preachy (Catholic, I believe). She is anti-abortion, pro-life.

She is trained as a lawyer and comes from a well to do, well educated family where political discussions were the norm. She is very bright, and has a quick mind. Her attempts at comedy, in about every paragraph she writes and in nearly every sentence she speaks is often above my educated head. Her knowledge of things political is massive. Her recall of fact is tremendous. If she says it I have found it to be true but it may be biased towards the conservative view but still factual. I still enjoy her view point and consider it when forming my opinions of things political.

If you tend towards conservatism she makes real sense. Yes, she profits from it but I think she does it because she believes in conservatism and wants to spread the word. She is so bright I am sure she could easily succeed in anything she wanted to. I think she enjoys presenting her points of view more than just the profit she gets from it all.

Ann Coulter is OK!

LDBennett
  4. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

Coulter is the opposite of politically correct. Most, almost all public figures, conservatives included self-censor so as not to attract the ire of howling mob of self-righteous lefties. Coulter is not only not afraid of them but eagerly solicits their hatred. She is one of my favorites.
  5. artabr

artabr New Member

She's a conservative goddess. ;) :D

Very pro gun.

Her site.

http://www.anncoulter.com/

She's the real deal. I believe that with Ann, what you see is what you get.
    What you hear on T.V. today is the same as you would read in her books 2 years ago or 2 years in the future.
    Her books make for a great read.

Art
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  6. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

What he ^ said. Plus....she's hot.
  7. wpage

wpage Active Member

She is Alright!
  8. Blue Tiger

Blue Tiger New Member

I like Ann Coulter, too, although there r some things she says I don't agree with. If she's really Catholic we might be twins!:D She was at the Demoncratic Convention and called it the Spawn of Satan--words even truer than I had realized at the time. She says things rarely said in no uncertain terms that should be said. Naturally, the lunatic fringe (radical left) doesn't like her.
  9. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I couldn't agree more !!!!!!

She is probably on the top of my list of persons I listen to and try to get the facts from on any given political subject. :)
  10. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    She is the "SALT IN THE WOUND" to liberals. :D

They fear and despize her so much,

that they tried to say she's really a man,

because she has a small Adam's Apple.

She is the US female equivelent to Rush Limbaugh.

One would be "Ill Advised" :eek:, to bad mouth her here on this forum.... ;)

Comprendo..... :)
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  11. red14

red14 Well-Known Member

She knows, and believes, what she is talking about. She has an acid flavoured wit. I liked her before I ever listened to her, just from the comments made about her, by people I didn't like.

She is highly motivated, an ultra quick thinker, and has an incredible memory.

I would be willing to bet, that if she played chess, she would be very good.
  12. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Just a "bit outspoken"?:rolleyes:
    Don't try to water down the Jack we know.:p

I like Ann. She says what's on her mind and has NO problems playing the BS card. She's not PC, and won't back down from anyone in a battle of words.

She's hated by the left, much as Sarah Palin is. They seem to espouse the same principals.

Palin/Coulter in 2012?:eek:

hahahahaaa......;)
  13. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Thanks for that folks

i'll get back to the journo guy and say ok and pass on my numbers to the lady

i know it'll cause flack either way , i just hope i dont come out looking like a evil bastard, as some in the news here have done in the past.

not that i really care what folks think of me but when you try to represent certain interests like gun rights , free speech, unbiased edi\ucation etc , it just makes things even harder when folks have the preconceived ideas that the UN based press have rammed down thier throats.

Bobitis, like the new avitar, good one..

cheers

jack
  14. Blue Tiger

Blue Tiger New Member

I looked at more You Tube videos of her and I can't say I'm an admirer like before. She says a lot of inflammatory things and I think she does it to create contraversy. She has a Catholic father but doesn't identify herself with any particular sect or denomination.
  15. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My sentiments exactly!
    I even told my wife if anything ever happened to her, I may have to make a play for Ms Colter.
    Ann is my kinda woman!