who knows about Vizio tv's?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 68c15, Nov 4, 2012.

1. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

I have a vizio VO320E and the thing wont work with either it's own remote or the Direct TV one. it was working fine until Thursday when all of a sudden it quit. I did the google search and all I can come up empty handed.

help please
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

If both remotes worked before and now they both don't, then your IR sensor is dead on the TV. How old is it? If it's over a year old, it's probably cheaper to buy a new one and give this one to the kids.

Just for kicks, you could try new batteries if you haven't already, it's worth a shot. Some IR sensors are more sensitive than others.
  3. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Yeah I am going with bad IR receiver as well.
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

I have never had a direct tv romote work with a visio. My remotes are old tho.
  5. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

IR is line of sight, so make SURE that nothing has been moved in the path between the remote and the receiver button on the TV. Our viseo IR receiver is on the lower right corner of the front trim around the screen, the frame itself. Look REAL close around the front until you spot a little thing about the diameter of a .32 caliber bullet (Hey, this IS a firearms forum!). Clean it well and make sure nothing is in front of it.
    With luck, your kid installed his video game receiver in front of it and caused the problem.
  6. ampaterry

Try these Vizeo codes:
  7. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

If you want a lower end universal remote that works what just about everything (Except comcast digital HD boxes) get the Logitech Harmony 1 or the new Harmony Touch.

I have the Harmony 1 and I love it. It runs anything (Except the comcast digital HD box) i tried to run with it. It is a great budget universal remote. You do need a computer to program it though. It is very user friendly BTW.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/remotes/universal-remotes/harmony-one-advanced-universal-remote

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/remotes/universal-remotes/harmony-touch?WT.ac=ps|10514|hp
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012
  8. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Bought the wife one and her Direc remote will not work her Viso.
  9. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

did you replace the batteries in the remote? seems like that is the first thing to go
  10. ampaterry

We have three different Direct TV remotes, ranging in age from brand new to about ten years old. All operate the Vizio TV fine, using one of the codes I printed above.
  11. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

both the direct tv remote and the vizio remote that came with tv are not controlling set. I replaced batteries and then checked them with a digital camera. there is nothing in the way of IR sensor which is a 3/8" square on lower left corner of frame.

should I use a 12g 3 1/2" BBB, .270 at 150 yds, .380 ACP at 25 yds, or .22 at 10 yds? or even better yet I can paste the pic of HB eating thin mint on screen prior to "repair"
  12. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I'm opting for the .270, but not before you plaster a few ounces of tannerite to the front of it !

You can always sell it and use the funds for the new set. Even without a remote, someone will want it for DVD's or video games.
  13. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

update;
    if I unplug it for a minute it will respond to the remote command to turn on. then 2 minutes later it tells me to go fly a kite.