Who makes the best aftermarket pistol magazines?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by woodsrunner, Sep 24, 2004.

1. woodsrunner

woodsrunner New Member

Some of you who were at the Boogerville get together got to shoot my 1940's vintage second model colt woodsman. This is a great gun very accurate and probably the best trigger on a semi auto ever. Problem is it's ammo sensitive. The federal ammo we were shooting that day performed flawlessly, but , isn't that accurate. It's accurate with Remington Target ammo, and CCI green tag. But, the last or next to last round almost always jams the gun with those brands of ammo. I'd like to pick up a new magazine for shooting purposes. I don't want to have to pay $50.00+ for a factory mag. Does anybody know of an after market company that makes reliable magazines? Does anybody know of an aftermarket mag for a Colt woodsman?

Oh, it jams with all remington ammo regardless of speed not just the target ammo. The only CCI's I've tried were the Green Tags. I suspect it would jam with all CCI ammo too.
  2. stash247

stash247 New Member

The optomistic side of me says someday, aftermarket
    manufacturers may make a mag that works as good as the original; doubtful, but, possible.
    In the meanwhile, look at Wolf springs, for mag springs, and at gun shows, for complete mags; both, in my experience, are better alternatives.
    fwiw- The mags McCormic,and Wilson, sell work 100%, reasonably priced,but 1911, only!
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

4. outdoortexas

outdoortexas New Member

I'm pretty sure we have a factory model in stock (maybe a couple), just saw it last weekend.

I'm leaving town this morning and won't be back in the shop until next Friday. You can email my partner and he'll price it right. I'll send him a copy of this as well, be sure and tell him who you are.

www.TheShootersClub.com
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*