Who Makes The Best Non-Progressive Reloader?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

cointoss 2
    (1/30/02 2:42:21 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Who Makes The Best Non-Progressive Reloader?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know there was a past post on progressive loaders but I am just looking to stay with a non progressive and presently I use an old Lee. Usually I do not reload more than a couple of boxes at a setting so speed is not an issue but I am looking for a decent upgrade from what I now own. So if any of you were buying a new press which one would you go with?
    cointoss2

kdub01
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/30/02 10:22:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Who Makes The Best Non-Progressive Reloader?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ben -

Had a RCBS Rockchucker for years, then went to a Hornady 007 single. Recently upgraded to a Bonanza Co-Ax and think the world of it! Dies snap in and out (any brand with ring), no need for all sorts of shell holders as the Co-Ax as holders to fit any case, primers fall into contained jar. Take a look at one - I'm sure you'll like it!

WyomingSwede
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/31/02 7:51:14 am)
    My wife bought me a RCBS Rockchucker ayear or two ago...I had been using a small Lyman previous to that. I just love it. That long arm really helps when you are full length resizing a .300 winmag. And I rarely stick cases anymore...even when I screw up.
    Ken is probably right about the Bonanza and the snap in rings. However I like my "chucker". regards swede
    Wyoming Swede

cointoss 2
    (1/31/02 4:35:51 pm)
    Thanks Kdub and Swede, I just might have bought one Ken like you are talking about. Forster bought the company out but still the same press with a lifetime warranty. Swede if what I am considering doesn't work out the RCBS Rockchucker is hands down excellent press from what I see. Thans to both of you for your replies.
    cointoss2

AGunguy
    (2/3/02 5:00:32 pm)
    I really like my 4 die station C&H H press. You can mount 3 dies and a powder dispensing metering gizzmo. Very practical as far as I'm concerned.

GG

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/7/02 5:29:54 pm)
    isn't there a Rock-Chucker variant with a progressive-style upgrade - maybe you should buy that so you have the option later.

I'd still say get a Dillon 550B myself - mine has served me very well for all manner of cartridges, for ~15yrs. Highly recommend it, and Dillon.

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/7/02 7:43:06 pm)
    Well I ended up with a Forster/Bonanza Co-ax that I found used with 6 or 7 die rings. Looks like Kdub is going to have to educate me on its use. Just used a plain old Lee for 20 years, thanks everyone for their advice it is appreciated.
    cointoss2

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/7/02 11:50:47 pm)
    No sweat, Ben -

Ya' got both my email and phone # - get in touch anytime!

By the way, Congrats on getting one of the finest single stage money can buy!
  2. Bob Calhoun

Bob Calhoun New Member

I bought the Lee anniversary set because of the price, (Cheap) and got what I paid for. Cheap plastic and aluminiam crap. The handle snaped off after less than 200 re loads. Got a RCBS now, best investment I ever made.