1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Who Makes The Best Non-Progressive Reloader?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

cointoss 2
    (1/30/02 2:42:21 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Who Makes The Best Non-Progressive Reloader?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know there was a past post on progressive loaders but I am just looking to stay with a non progressive and presently I use an old Lee. Usually I do not reload more than a couple of boxes at a setting so speed is not an issue but I am looking for a decent upgrade from what I now own. So if any of you were buying a new press which one would you go with?
    cointoss2

kdub01
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/30/02 10:22:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Who Makes The Best Non-Progressive Reloader?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ben -

Had a RCBS Rockchucker for years, then went to a Hornady 007 single. Recently upgraded to a Bonanza Co-Ax and think the world of it! Dies snap in and out (any brand with ring), no need for all sorts of shell holders as the Co-Ax as holders to fit any case, primers fall into contained jar. Take a look at one - I'm sure you'll like it!

WyomingSwede
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/31/02 7:51:14 am)
    My wife bought me a RCBS Rockchucker ayear or two ago...I had been using a small Lyman previous to that. I just love it. That long arm really helps when you are full length resizing a .300 winmag. And I rarely stick cases anymore...even when I screw up.
    Ken is probably right about the Bonanza and the snap in rings. However I like my "chucker". regards swede
    Wyoming Swede

cointoss 2
    (1/31/02 4:35:51 pm)
    Thanks Kdub and Swede, I just might have bought one Ken like you are talking about. Forster bought the company out but still the same press with a lifetime warranty. Swede if what I am considering doesn't work out the RCBS Rockchucker is hands down excellent press from what I see. Thans to both of you for your replies.
    cointoss2

AGunguy
    (2/3/02 5:00:32 pm)
    I really like my 4 die station C&H H press. You can mount 3 dies and a powder dispensing metering gizzmo. Very practical as far as I'm concerned.

GG

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/7/02 5:29:54 pm)
    isn't there a Rock-Chucker variant with a progressive-style upgrade - maybe you should buy that so you have the option later.

I'd still say get a Dillon 550B myself - mine has served me very well for all manner of cartridges, for ~15yrs. Highly recommend it, and Dillon.

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/7/02 7:43:06 pm)
    Well I ended up with a Forster/Bonanza Co-ax that I found used with 6 or 7 die rings. Looks like Kdub is going to have to educate me on its use. Just used a plain old Lee for 20 years, thanks everyone for their advice it is appreciated.
    cointoss2

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/7/02 11:50:47 pm)
    No sweat, Ben -

Ya' got both my email and phone # - get in touch anytime!

By the way, Congrats on getting one of the finest single stage money can buy!
  2. Bob Calhoun

Bob Calhoun New Member

I bought the Lee anniversary set because of the price, (Cheap) and got what I paid for. Cheap plastic and aluminiam crap. The handle snaped off after less than 200 re loads. Got a RCBS now, best investment I ever made.