Who ownes the US debt? You? Me? You might be surprised!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mjp28, Feb 2, 2012.

1. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

1. Federal Reserve and Intragovernmental Holdings U.S. debt holdings: $6.328 trillion
    That’s right, the biggest single holder of U.S. government debt is the Federal Reserve system.

2. China U.S. debt holdings: $1.132 trillion
    The largest foreign holder of U.S. Treasury securities, China currently has $1.132 trillion in American debt, although it is down from all time highs of $1.173 trillion in July 2011.

3. Other Investors/Savings Bonds U.S. debt holdings $1.107 trillion
    With the most recent numbers from June 2011, this extremely diverse group includes individuals, government-sponsored enterprises, brokers and dealers, bank personal trusts, estates, savings bonds, corporate and noncorporate businesses for a total of $1.107 trillion.

4. Japan U.S. debt holdings: $1.038 trillion

5. Pension Funds U.S. debt holdings: $842.2 billion

6. Mutual Funds U.S. debt holdings: $653.5 billion

7. State and Local Governments U.S. debt holdings: $484.4 billion

8. The United Kingdom U.S. debt holdings: $429.4 billion

9. Depository Institutions U.S. debt holdings: $284.5 billion This group includes commercial banks, savings banks and credit unions.

10. Insurance Companies U.S. debt holdings: $250.1 billion This group includes property-casualty and life insurance firms.
  2. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

That's right, basically you and I own the US debt in one way or another. :eek:

And the Chinese barely beat out Japan....contrary to what most people think.
  3. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

they wouldn't be holding it if you and i were not working.

it only take one domino to fall
  4. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Scary? :confused:
  5. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

mjp28

I thank you for bringing this up for discussion. I want you to understand, that I am one who understands this issue very, very, well.
    Seriously, this is an issue that is being used around the world to get countries and citizens to give up their sovernty to pay back this fraudulant debt. Now, that being said when "they" come to you, me or any other U.S. citizen and say this is YOUR debt, Pay me. This short little video clip should be approximatly your responce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICZ06gYpu6w

By the way, I'm not kidding this is what Iceland said to the banksters.

Infowars.com

Ron Paul 2012:)
  6. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Yep

I did not authorise that 16 trillion dollar debt that will only get worse cause they are gona need more money. They can kiss my behind.
  7. Inthewind1976

Inthewind1976 Member

Thats exactly what is WRONG with the entire concept of the Federal Reserve System - basically, the US economy is "owned" by the Federal Reserve, and the FR is NOT the US GOVERNMENT - its basically an incorporation of various PRIVATELY HELD BANKS...........Go to YouTube and search Federal Reserve and watch some of the snippets there - there is one that is rather long - almost 2 hours if I remember correctly - that will explain the FR in detail, and it will scare the CRAP outta you.........
  8. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

These guys can spend money like my wife...
  9. Ed~

Ed~ New Member

Yup. The same year that a private bank called Federal Reserve received the exclusive right to create "legal tender" and loan it to the US Government, the Internal Revenue Service was instituted to ensure that the loan will be paid back to the private bank.

Sounds like a racket doesn't it? The bank was created by the Rothschilds, Warburgs and Rockefellers. These powerful families pushed the Federal Reserve Act through Congress in 1913 and made damn well sure they would be paid by every working American.

So, yes, average folks are just now starting to see the truth of this matter.

With regard to where the debt is held... it really matters not. The leash of debt is illusory only to the extent that each and every one of us still wishes our "hard-earned dollars" to continue to be worth something. If you give up the illusion of dollars and debt, you are also giving up the stability of a shared illusion. That, more than anything else, frightens people.

But you have to be willing to let old things go in order to allow a new system to come into play.
  10. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Will they take a check?
  11. USNative

USNative New Member

Just plain ridiculous and it don't go away very soon! :eek: