1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Who owns a PPK?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by RunningOnMT, Feb 18, 2012.

1. al45lc

al45lc Active Member

I have an older SS PPk. When new, it was crap for trigger pull, DA was so high I had to use a fish scale to measure it at 23lbs! I did a spring kit and trigger job and honed the slide before it was acceptable.
    I bought it used off a women who had bought it new on the recommendation of a 'friend' who thought snub .38's didn't have enough forepower.
    She couldn't even rack the slide! She bought it anyway because "that'
    s what my gunny friend said was best".
    For the money, I think Walther should do a better job, this wasn't the first PPk I've seen in such condition. For some reason, the blued models seem to be smoother from the box.
  2. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 Member

My range buddy had a WWII stamped PPK and loved it. he then bought a newer model and let me shoot it when we go to the pistol lanes. He loves his walther! Nice pistol, good grip and feel. as otheres have stated not a target pistol but a fine CC piece. IMO if you can afford one you can't really go wrong
  3. al45lc

al45lc Active Member

Here are mine, I prefer to carry the FEG, it's lighter.

Attached Files:

4. Boogieman

Boogieman Member

Have an Interarmco PPK 380 It will shoot any thing I feed it Including 115 gr. hand loads with swc bullets.
    it will group on a playing card at 50 ft with loads it likes. yes it's heavy & it will bite my hand if I'm not carefull but it goes bang EVERY time & shoots where I point it
  5. savage170

savage170 Member

I had one must have been one put together on a Monday after october fest for the money my Bersa has been a far better gun
  6. Frogtop

Frogtop New Member

Yes it is heavy for its size by current plastic gun standards but to me it feels like you are holding a real gun. My is also an Interarms. I had trouble with a weak spring in the safety allowing the safety to move to on during recoil. I returned it (to S&W I think) and it was repaired and returned, along with the faulty spring, to me in a very reasonable time.
  7. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

I used to have the Russian copy, but never a real one.