Who owns a PPK?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by RunningOnMT, Feb 18, 2012.

1. al45lc

al45lc Active Member

I have an older SS PPk. When new, it was crap for trigger pull, DA was so high I had to use a fish scale to measure it at 23lbs! I did a spring kit and trigger job and honed the slide before it was acceptable.
    I bought it used off a women who had bought it new on the recommendation of a 'friend' who thought snub .38's didn't have enough forepower.
    She couldn't even rack the slide! She bought it anyway because "that'
    s what my gunny friend said was best".
    For the money, I think Walther should do a better job, this wasn't the first PPk I've seen in such condition. For some reason, the blued models seem to be smoother from the box.
  2. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 Member

My range buddy had a WWII stamped PPK and loved it. he then bought a newer model and let me shoot it when we go to the pistol lanes. He loves his walther! Nice pistol, good grip and feel. as otheres have stated not a target pistol but a fine CC piece. IMO if you can afford one you can't really go wrong
  3. al45lc

al45lc Active Member

Here are mine, I prefer to carry the FEG, it's lighter.

Attached Files:

4. Boogieman

Boogieman Member

Have an Interarmco PPK 380 It will shoot any thing I feed it Including 115 gr. hand loads with swc bullets.
    it will group on a playing card at 50 ft with loads it likes. yes it's heavy & it will bite my hand if I'm not carefull but it goes bang EVERY time & shoots where I point it
  5. savage170

savage170 Member

I had one must have been one put together on a Monday after october fest for the money my Bersa has been a far better gun
  6. Frogtop

Frogtop New Member

Yes it is heavy for its size by current plastic gun standards but to me it feels like you are holding a real gun. My is also an Interarms. I had trouble with a weak spring in the safety allowing the safety to move to on during recoil. I returned it (to S&W I think) and it was repaired and returned, along with the faulty spring, to me in a very reasonable time.
  7. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

I used to have the Russian copy, but never a real one.