Who Owns Cats?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RunningOnMT, Aug 31, 2012.

1. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Or should I say, "Who is fortunate enough to have a cat deem you worthy to share his living accommodations?"

I hate to waste stuff, and it really bothers me to have to throw away a container for some product or another, that seems like it could be a marketable product in it it's own right.

Over time I have accumulated about ten of those larger plastic Tidy Cats litter containers. Looking at them the other day and about to take them to the trash, a thought occurred to me but I'm not sure if it's a good one or not.

Do you all think these would be good for ammo storage? They are sturdy and the lid seems to seal them water tight, plus they have a carry handle that can at least support 35 lbs, probably more, but I just don't know if tight enough for long term storage. What do you all think?
  2. Donnie D

Donnie D New Member

I like cats. I have a cat.
    Anybody got a problem with that?
    Donnie D
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I didn't know anyone owned a cat. I thought cats owned people.

But, as to your question. I don't know how good it would be for ammo, as that much ammo would be very heavy. But they work fine for storing brass. I got three of 'em full of 223 brass.
  4. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

Alpo Your right we have 4 cats that share our house.

I don't use the litter cantainers as I have ammo cans that came with some ammo years ago and just rotate ammo in it. I go to the range and bring back a few extra innards of a few ammo boxs to put bulk ammo into and stack them and date them into the metal box's.
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i've about 50 skins in the shed if that counts kids have a cat but it has a bell and is inside of a night so its a good cat

bad ones end up in the shed before going to china to become hello kitty toys or whatever

( may sound tough but we dont have cats in this environment and now we do they slaughter everything and must be shot on sight if feral , if its got a collar or not but if its got a collar i'll catch it and send it to the owners via the RSPCA )

as for your plastic bins get a hot glue gun pack your bin then turn it over then hot glue the seal between the bin and the lid if you have chucked in some silica gel packets then all should be good for years or i hope so i have stuff stashed just so for long term protection
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  6. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Active Member

"Dogs have family .... cats have staff "

There are five cats in and around my house at the moment .... and, a few dogs .
  7. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

I have tidy cats litter buckets full of welding rods that I will trust because welding consumables go bad fast. Yes ammo will last a long time with your choice of cat litter buckets that shut
  8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

kitty litte (name brand )
    nappy bins
    pool salt
    chlorine

these type containers all seal well if you get the decent brand ones ..

china made ? all bets off

i put stuff down in the late 70's in the plastic detergent buckets and the stuff was ok when i opened some in 2003 or so i used two part epoxy as the glue , now i use hot glue guns

think of strong chemicals that need to be kept in and look for them from your friends , pools salts i've a heap of as every one uses 6-8 buckets a year
  9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I was thinking maybe I could leave a little litter in them to act as a desiccant. I guess I'll just have to fill one up with ammo and see how well the handles hold the weight. I could just buy ammo boxes, but these things seem too well made to just trash. Pretty wasteful.
  10. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Moderator

I got 2. My youngest son named him Bert Reynolds. No idea why but its funny as hell when you tell people.
  11. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Moderator

If nothing else, when filled with water or jello, they'd make great targets. Fill it with water and then plaster some tannerite to the side. 200 yrds and a couple of guys with rifles; first one to make it go boom gets free lunch and loser gets to clean up the shrapnel after lunch.

I do think they would make great ammo storage if you decided to keep them intact. :D
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  12. red14

red14 New Member

13. 01brian

01brian New Member

There are cats at our house. The newest addition is a pretty cool little black kitten. He is kind of a monster.
  14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Red, i hear thats endorsed by the GLBT movement too
  15. red14

red14 New Member

Heh, heh, heh. Your British sense of humour is coming out.
  16. rogertc1

rogertc1 New Member

Looks liker more Dog people here...LOL
  17. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Oh yeah by the way, I have 3 as of now. Before that 2 got killed by pit bulls and I had to go searching for the pitbulls on my farm with my 12 gauge shotgun with 00 buckshot. I guess they just drifted down the dirt road to our place. I take extra care and pride in the 3 we have now. Im thinking of getting a cougar like I talked about several times on here but now I am thinking of getting a Bengal Tiger
  18. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Gun Runner...Once on TV program they did a story about the strangest domestic cats I've ever seen. They were quite a bit larger than your typical cat but yet not as large as any of the bigger cats, like tigers and cougars. These had markings like tigers though. These people had several of those living in their house and I remember thinking that would make me nervous...they just looked too much like tigers. Do you happen to know what breed of cat these were?
  19. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

No not sure but Id like to have one. You know they claim a bengal tiger's claws can get up to 4 1/2" . Thats something that I dont want to be scratched with. Also there was a video on youtube where this guy got his arm ripped open from a tiger who clawed him. I think Ill pass on it for now :D
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  20. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I am not sure why but I find your post red disgusting and repulsive. Joke or not animal abuse is NOT COOL in my book. Maybe you should just go eat your Flintstones vitamins and let the big boys talk.

I have 4 cats and love them all.