Who reloads 50 AE?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Red Dwarf
    (3/27/02 1:32:59 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Who reloads 50 AE?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey gang, I'm new here. Thought I'd see if any of you load this round...

Red Dwarf
    (3/27/02 6:29:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Who reloads 50 AE?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyone....anyone...anyone?

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/27/02 8:19:43 pm)
    RD, wish I could help you out. But don`t do .50`s, your a braver soul than I. Just so you don`t feel left out in the breeze.... Welcome! I bet someone here does, be patient. Regards LTS
    T.F.F.

Red Dwarf
    (3/27/02 9:55:55 pm)
    LTS, thanks a bunch for the welcome.

I like the forum. There are some folks here who really seem to know their stuff. Guess y'all are stuck with me for a while

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/27/02 10:20:24 pm)
    Feel free to roam around and post where ever you see something that stikes yer fancy....I`m the only one here that bites.......don`t hurt much though LTS
    T.F.F.

Alphamale
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/28/02 5:56:55 pm)
    Loader44 was asking about this a couple weeks ago. That thread is on page 2 in this forum. Welcome to the board.
    Pardon me while I burst into flames. I've had enough of the world and its people's mindless games---Incubus

Red Dwarf
    (3/28/02 6:27:17 pm)
    Thanks

loader44
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/31/02 1:38:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del 50AE
    HEY, RED DWARF, I have just started loading for the 50ae, Wife bought me one for our annaversary in Feb. have already loaded about 500rds, It sure is a hand full, but I do LOVE the " Little " fella. Drop me a line if you want. You can find my E-Mail on my profile, Heck I will just give it now,

reloader44@msn.com

BTW, Welcome to the BEST BOARD ON THE NET.

JMHO

loader44.

cdurand
    (4/11/02 10:59:55 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 50AE
    I reload 50AE for my Desert Eagle. I suppose that's the main gun people would shoot 50AE in.

The only bullets I've loaded are the Speer 325gr UCHP's.

I like 29grains of W296. CCI 350 primer.. nice muzzle blast. I'm going for show with the 50. I go up to 32 grains for the big big show off shots.

I've loaded some up with H110 and No. 9 but I don't remember the loads for those off the top of my head. H1100 is almost the same as W296 in my opinion.

I use W296 for some of my 44Mag loads too.

loader44
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/12/02 1:47:29 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del 50AE
    Howdy " cdurand " I use h110 for my 50, so far the loads are great, send me an e-mail some time, and we can swap " LIES " about the weapon.

loader44.

A Glockwork Orange
    (4/17/02 6:01:02 am)
    I want in on this discussion! My Desert Eagle should be in in the next few days so I need to get as much info on reloading for this thing as possible. Thanx!

Red Dwarf
    (4/17/02 9:52:01 pm)
    Hey gang, sorry, I've been out for a few days.

Cdurand, 29 gr of 296, hmm. Sounds like the 44 Mag loads I used to make for my Redhawk...or was that 25? It's been a while...

How's recoil? Any idea on velocity?

I was under the impression that H110 and W296 were pretty much meter-for-meter same...

JMAJER5111
    (4/22/02 7:09:22 pm)
    HELLO ALL.I`am just getting back into reloading.i`ve got a BushMaster lower with a TROMIX upper in 50AE.and a AMT AUTOMAGV in 50AE.i recentley, ordered some barnes 275gr.hp and some 380gr hard cast bullets for reloading.after much looking around,and asking questions.i`ve setteled on H110 & W296 powder.got my 5point buck last year with the AMT,at 30yds,using speer factory ammo.first time i`ve been deer hunting in 8 yrs.love those 50`s..in case some of you were wondering.the TROMIX 50AE.is a great rifle,and lots of fun to shoot,very accurate,less than 1inch groups at 100yds.iam also looking for some fmj bullets? if anyone knows were to find some please let me know. Thanks...JM