1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Who Shoots a 45 Long Colt?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Shooting45s, May 16, 2004.

1. Shooting45s

Shooting45s Guest

There's something to be said about shooting your own! :D
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

I do! Welcome to TFF Shooting45s! "course the pistol goes both ways...,.454 or .45LC...I had a Win. Carbine in .45 LC but, some other fella wanted it worse than me...;)

It's in the mix below...A Ruger a'course...:cool:

Attached Files:

3. punchie

punchie Member

Hey Smokin how about a real 45 LC
    [​IMG]
  4. txpete

txpete New Member

right now I am down to 3, 45 colts.
    1. taurus snub titanium(carry)
    2.ruger vaquero 5 1/2
    3. win 94 trapper
    pete
  5. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Nice lookin' Pistol Punchie!!!...;)

I do like loadin' this other one with .454's and .45 LC's...just so ya's know the difference between 'em...:cool:
  6. rjjrwi

rjjrwi New Member

right now i'm down to just one 45lc and that is a Ruger Vaquero 7 1/2" blued , I've had several over the years but have sold them for one reason or another :confused: stainless redhawk which was topped with a burris 2x7 would shoot into one hole off the sand bags at 50 yards , took a weird 9 point whitetail with it using cor-bon 265hp, other 45's have been marlin cowboy , rossi 92, browing lowwall , wish I still had that lowwall it was a blast
    :D
  7. kingjoey

kingjoey New Member

I got a Blackhawk with the 4 5/8" barrel, don't shoot it much, but enjoy it when I do:D
  8. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

I got...

a stainless Blackhawk 7 1/2. Nice fun gun to shoot with CAS loads, but a real handfull with the heavy handloads. Mostly shoot .45ACP.
  9. rjjrwi

rjjrwi New Member

you have a stainless blackhawk in 45lc and 45acp ?
  10. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

Nope, the .45 ACP is a Kimber with several enhancements.
  11. rjjrwi

rjjrwi New Member

10-4 ,, Kimber sweet :D
  12. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

My first handgun was a 45Colt Blackhawk. Still have it and added a few others to it since. still only 4 for now.
    Will be begin working up some decent loads soon to be used this fall in the woods.
  13. merc

merc New Member

Colt Cowboy 45LC

It's a blast to shoot.
    But you can't go by me.
    I get a kick out shooting no matter what.
    But the lasrger cals like the 45's are awsome.
  14. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I'm planning and sceeming the purchase of my very first .45 Colt. I've already secured 250 rounds of once fired brass...(150 of these are already sized & primed)......I got a Lee bullet mold...(255Gr. RNFP)...and a .452 sizing die.
    I plan to have 150 rounds loaded and ready to go when I pick this gun up from the gun shop...(hopefully on July 3rd)

I've looked at several, and I have my choices down to either a Ruger Vaquero (5.5"/polished stainless), a Limited Edition Blackhawk Bisley (5.5"/sattin stainless), or a Limited Edition Super Blackhawk (7.5"/sattin stainless)

I went into this looking to get an authentic cowboy / SAA clone type sixgun, so I'm learning toward the Vaquero. I looked at a Colt Cowboy, but it didn't impress me at all....(and I already own two other Colts, one of which is an SA New Frontier) The Colt Cowboy felt rough, and the cylinder bores are way to close to each other....(not a good thing when one likes to test the limits of thier reloads)...
    So, I'll most likely be the owner of a 5.5" polished S/S .45 Colt Vaquero in the very near future....then I'll have to save up for one of those fancy leather cartridge belts & matching holster..... ;)