1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

who uses stripper clips?

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by corpis66, Mar 28, 2006.

?

who uses stripper clips?

1. Yes

61 vote(s)
    77.2%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    22.8%
  1. anfoman76

anfoman76 New Member

Nice collection of old Iron Angel. I'm happy to say the newest addition to my rifle family arrived today ....A Husquvarna Sporty m96 in 6.5 x 55 :DI can't wait to finish it properley:D
  2. RMT

RMT New Member

I use them with my AR15's.
  3. happyhunter42

happyhunter42 New Member

Use them for the sks and my m-91/30. I've got 25 for the sks but only 3 for the mosin.
  4. RONSERESURPLUS

RONSERESURPLUS New Member

Hello all

Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

I've been reading the responces to this post and thought I'd add my .02! Yes, I like and use stripper clips! While I have used them on Most Bolt action designs such as th the Mauser, I find them a great way to keep and store ammunition for my semi-auto designs like the ar and ak and sks! I like how handly that load, how easliy they store in pouches or in amo can and they are always a value and I never find enough of them! I know many don't use them, but I see that as thier loss? This a cheap, easly found, works great item, why would one NOT USE THE< Thats the better question?
  5. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Yes Polish the stripper clips for No.4s work really well, quick and easy.

If it helps I was taught how to use them as a young cadet in 19 something, and where some go wrong is not looping the four fingers under the gun. With the thumb on top. try it. :)
  6. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    So...

The other evening I was going through some of my shooting gear and realized that I didn't have as many stripper clips for my M1903's as I'd like. Of course my next stop is Google to see how many on-line purveyors of firearms related paraphernalia carry stripper clips and how much they might be. I found that clips for 5.56 and 7.62x39 are quite common but not nearly so for 7.62N/.30 Cal.

I was becoming a bit discouraged and then a ray of hope... A web site that specializes in selling stripper clips. Fantastic! They should have exactly what I need. Then I saw the disclaimer about adult content and stopped dead in my tracks before I double-clicked on the link.

Hope quickly and decisively squashed...
  7. Humpy

Humpy New Member

I've used them for 35 years in high power competition and for plinking prior to that. Just picked up about 30 more. I am still working on the first five commerical stainless ones I bought at Perry in 73. Good ones done wear out.