Who Watched the Debate?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by RunningOnMT, Aug 12, 2011.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Bachmann wins the Iowa straw pole, with 29%, and Ron Paul came in second with 28%. Next go around will include Rick Perry. Let's just wait and see what gets dug up on him! Rick Perry was campaign chairman in '88 for then U.S. Senator Al Gore's first run at the presidency. Although these two men have drifted in oposite directions since then, (Perry to the right, and Gore to the left) I still wonder how liberal Perry is!!!!
  2. Juker

Juker New Member

Perry came to his senses 22 years ago and switched to the Republican party - I give him major props for that! :)
  3. whirley

whirley Member

Romney seems able to stand on both sides of every issue.Did Romney get any straw poll votes? Some may not like Gingrich, but he was right on with his comments about the Group of six trying to do the job that should be done by the Congress of the United States. As I recall he forced Clinton to accept a balanced budget. Not a RINO but a right of center Republican who knows how to work with Congress. Obama is a clockwork President operated by George Soros. The Media elected Obama, and they are trying to nominate his future opponent as they did with McCain, now a proven loser. I don't think Newt will get enough money to run an effective campaign.
  4. Juker

Juker New Member

Perry had just announced, so his votes were all write-ins. The Ames straw poll is hardly scientific, but was enough of a harbinger for Pawlenty to see the writing on the wall.

U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.): 4,823 votes
    U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas): 4,671 votes
    Former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty: 2,293 votes
    Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum (R-Pa.): 1,657 votes
    Former Godfather's Pizza CEO Herman Cain: 1,456 votes
    Texas Governor Rick Perry: 718 votes
    Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney: 567 votes
    Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich: 385 votes
    Former Utah governor Jon Huntsman: 69 votes
    U.S. Rep Thad McCotter (R-Mich.): 35 votes
  5. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Check Perry's record since Governor, I think you all will like it!
  6. SARG

SARG Member

If they're the best of the best ......... then that reinforces my opinion that the 235 year old republic is doomed to go under faster than most civilizations have in the past. ( actually probably faster than any before )