1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Who'd A Thunk It

Discussion in 'Vietnam Memories Forum' started by Guest, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

longshot1
    (10/14/01 9:49:23 pm)
    | Del All Who'd A Thunk It
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just finished reading a book about a pilot from my old outfit 1/4 Cav.
    It was a true story about a Loach pilot named Hugh Mills. 3 Silver Stars, 3 DFCs, 3 bronze stars, etc, etc.

It tells of when he found a strange bunker in 1969 and when checked out by ground troops they discovered a fully funtional American M-41 Bulldog light tank, contained within. It seems an ARVN Cav outfit
    was overrun at Ben Cat in 1966 and the VC just drove one off into the boonies.

That was very strange to read as I was involved in that 1966 action and spent days looking for that tank. It only took 35 years to find out what happened. Like a dog chasing a car, i didn't know what the hell we were
    going to do if we caught it. To be honest, I was relieved we didn't

Guess you had to be there.

NickG

dap22
    Senior Chief Moderator II
    (10/15/01 8:18:21 am)
    | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Who'd A Thunk It
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not to worry........I think they would have had a hell of a time driving, aiming, and firing at one time!!!! LOL

dap22
    Senior Chief Moderator II
    (10/30/01 8:54:04 pm)
    | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Who'd A Thunk It
    Nick:
    Had an interesting thought.......they should have used that tank as a VIP ride up and down the Ho Chi Minh trail.. maybe painted it a little different color scheme so it wouldn't scare their own folks.......hell, they could steal enough fuel to get up and back a few times!!! LOL