Whole Foods Market "Organic" food made in China

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by keepitlow, Feb 28, 2010.

1. keepitlow

keepitlow New Member

2. wpage

wpage Active Member

You can trust health food from China...
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

the only organic food i eat is the food grown in my garden in my back yard. made in the usa.
  4. walien

walien Former Guest

I call them wholly expensive foods. Their meat prices are seriously too high. It's a nice store, but $$. I tend to avoid it.
  5. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Unbelievable!!

All those approval stickers, and NO ONE has inspectors in China to check -
  6. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Wonder what they use for manure in China.....
  7. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

I bought a free range chicken from their once. It was the gamiest chicken I have ever had. It made some of the wild boar that I've had taste like USDA pork chops. If that's a representation of their meat products then please give me the diet controlled steroid pumped genetically altered headless one.
  8. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Yeah kinda what I was thinkin too. It's the "idea" that it's "organic." People buy it because it says "Organic" on the label.
  9. mncarpenter

mncarpenter New Member

You can't buy one around here. "All Natural" Chicken is around 5-6 bucks a lb. Beef and pork are cheaper and have flavor. I can eat beef and pork cheaper than chicken?? get outta here. Thank you to those that care more about what I put in my body than I do...
    I sure as hell ain't eating food from China.
  10. ampaterry

The Chinese want market share, and don't care how they get it.
    I once got a full production shipment of Mogul based sockets with a nice "UL Listed" notice molded right into the porcelain.
    That particular product had FAILED UL inspection, miserably, on half a dozen counts.

mncarpenter: "I sure as hell ain't eating food from China."
    Don't place any bets on that, my friend -
    I'll wager that a LOT of edible products made here in the US have, at some level, ingredients that come from China. Remember how impossible it was to find dog or cat food with NO Chinese components back when dogs and cats were getting sick and dying from contaminants in them? The Chinese component might be three or four levels DEEP, but it was THERE.
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

I buy from a growers market

local and not so local producers ( maybe 200 miles away at most) bring thier wares and goods to the market and sell them there,

All have to show thier producers licences to get a stand

yes i pay more but not that much ( 35c /dozen eggs, 99 c /lb of bacon )
    but many items are cheaper too

Potatoes are way cheaper , most fruits and you know you aint buying anniversary apples ( 1 year old cold and gas stored apples are common in supermarkets world wide) and your supporting your own nations farmers!!!!

and i know you have them in the US , i went to one in Aurora CO when i was there last
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  12. ampaterry

Right on, Jack.
    We have several truck farms around here as well where you can stop and buy tomatoes, corn, watermellon, etc., in season - and you see the stuff growing right beside the house you are buying it from.

But when it is not the growing season - -
  13. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The ONLY reason I ever go to Whole Foods is because they are the only retailer I have found that carries Thayers Witch Hazel.

Their prices are ridiculous, but then so are Birkenstocks:D Its just a bunch of middle age to old age hippies.

During the summers here, I belong to Consumer Supported Agriculture (CSA) whereby you prepay a local organic farmer for a share of his crops. You basically take away the risk that the farmer has (drought, hail, insects, etc.) and in return, you know exactly where all of your produce is coming from. I drive by the farm everyday, so I can watch my share of everything growing.

If you haven't investigated a local CSA, you should. Good, healthy chemical free food and you are generally helping a Family Farm to continue.