Whoopi’s “Wicked Step-Sister” Act

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by montezumaz, Oct 19, 2012.

1. montezumaz

montezumaz Former Guest

http://lastresistance.com/300/whoopis-wicked-step-sister-act/

Ann Romney appeared on “The View” on Thursday. One could argue that this decision exhibited a shocking lack of sense or, at the very least, taste by Mrs. Romney, but there is another possibility. Mrs. Romney was being smart … or at the very least, charitable. Mrs. Romney appeared poised and gracious. It didn’t take long for the president’s personal attack machine, in the person of Whoopi Goldberg (Caryn Elaine Johnson), to get rolling. Ms. Goldberg barely waited for Mrs. Romney to take a seat before beginning the inquisition. Hemming and hawing, Whoopi made a statement that presumed knowledge about the Mormon faith: “As first lady, if you get the job, it’s going to entail a lot of things, and one of those things is going to be talking to the mothers whose children are coming home in bags, you know, from wars. Now, I know ... I believe that your religion doesn’t allow you to go fight.” At which point Mrs. Romney hit Ms. Goldberg with an iron fist in a velvet glove.
    In response to Ms. Goldberg’s ignorance, Mrs. Romney said, conversationally but firmly, “No, that’s not correct.” She amplified that comment by letting Ms. Goldberg know that there are “many, many members of our faith Mormonism serving in the armed services.” A visibly surprised Ms. Goldberg reeled but, like any punch-drunk boxer, too dumb to know when to lie down, she continued her attack: “Okay, um, I say that because when I read about your husband, what I had read, and maybe you can correct this is that the reason that he didn’t serve in Vietnam was because it was against the religion. That’s what I read.” Once again, Mrs. Romney was able to quash what Ms. Goldberg seemed to devoutly wish was true. Mrs. Romney repeated “No, that’s not correct.” She explained that Governor Romney was, at that time, serving his two-and-a-half year mission for the church. Mrs. Romney added that doing service for others, in different venues, was critical, it is what makes this country great.
    - Marilyn Assenheim
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

idiot left will always be idiots ..
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mental illness is mental illness no matter what label you put on it.
  4. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

Why is it that liberals have to pick on things that happen 20 or more years ago. They never talk about today's topics (i.e. 2sd amed. rights).
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    They get confused, and don't really know what todays topics are! Half of them probably don't even know what day it is!