Who's cooking today ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shooter45, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

i've got Pork on the smoker to feed about 400 people at the New Year's Eve party at the beach tonight. Temp here is 75 deg today so it should only take a couple more hours until it's done. Then my BBQ beans are almost ready. Everyone is bringing a dish. I hope it's as much fun as last year.
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Rub it in. Freezing rain, here.

Pops
  3. RKBA

RKBA New Member

Sounds good. No cooking for me today, I have had my fill for this year. Today is sip a little Bourbon and tinker with a few projects. You doing a whole pig or butts?
  4. Shooter45

Boston Butts with my own rub and sauce. Sure smells good in my neighborhood.

Pops, Almost everytime I've been in your part of the country it either rains or snows. :) Sure is pretty there.
  5. RKBA

RKBA New Member

I have a Weber bullet that I have done some butts on. Sure turns out nice. Can you share your recipe or is it a secret?
  6. Shooter45

I can't share just yet. Still have a restaurant. but someday. I will.

I had thought about posting my BBQ Bean recipe on the forum but I don't think it would be the same without the sauce.
  7. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Nothing here have to work tonoight :(
  8. RKBA

RKBA New Member

Understand, you selfish no good...O:IJH&TDE*W@Y&ET*@&YE*(Y....) Good luck with the party....

Happy New Year.... :D :D :D
  9. Shooter45

The Pork is done !! Now for the fun part....pulling. I use two forks to pull the meat. It just falls apart. I did sneak a bite. Well, maybe two. :D
  10. flopshot

flopshot New Member

work's over, month end is running. i'm goin home to boil some shrimp, make a tray of hotwings, and clean up the garand. i think i'll take my neice out tommorrow and let her make some noise. you all have a politically correct, satisfactory, annual calander substitution ceremony
  11. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Shooter, that sounds really good!