Who's got rain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bobitis, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Hasn't rained here in some time, but the weather couldn't get any better.

I hear lottsa folks are getting wet this weekend. A Godsend for many areas.

How bout it?
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It has been the hottest summer on record here in central Ohio but we have had a lot of rain and several times the storms have dropped one to two inches in one pass. I know that is not a lot compared to other places but a couple inches can cause a lot of problems around here. I have been mowing the lawn every 3 to 4 days and that is not normal for this time of year when we usually dry out. Down in the hills where my range is I don't think the ground has dried out all summer long.

They are predicting rain for today and tomorrow. Had just a pavement sprinkle this morning.
  3. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

4. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

We've had evening thunderstorms almost every day for the last month.
  5. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Mucho caliente here for weeks, and dry.
    Finally cooled somewhat and a soaking shower
    approximately once each week for the last few.
    [I'm surprised JLA ain't 'fried' ]
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  6. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Along the Yukon few hundred miles east of Fairbanks has rained all summer, nice light rain too all summer, never had to water garden once. Suppose to rain all nx week too. Best year in last 5 or 6 actually. Just a little over normal though. Often once we get a weather pattern it gets stuck here in the Yukon River valley. Wish we could give ya some of it, as I hate hunting in the rain for the nx month or two.
  7. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

it's been pleasant here in SE Virginia the past couple days,we're expecting rain sometime this weekend and early next week, wouldn't mind sharing with you guys but i don't mind the rain. the Great Dismal Swamp is burning, and we can smell it from here. i think it smells nice, like a campfire, but everyone else hates it:)
  8. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Finally got rain here in parts of Okla. Rained last nite and part of last week. Absolutely wonderful! Temp last nite was 69. Had two blankets on and the window open. Wind kept blowing the canopy off the courtyard, had to tie it down before resuming sleep. Not supposed to go above 94 today.Brrrrr! Cold front!
  9. Willie

Willie Active Member

Dry,dry,dry. no rain for a looooong time. We are really suffering here. Rationing in effect,can not wash cars or water lawn etc.
  10. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

i've never really understood the point of watering your lawn anyway.

you water your lawn to make it grow, then when it grows you cut it?:confused:
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  11. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Weather channel is showing a chance of thunderstoms all week for S. Arizona
  12. north tex

north tex Member

Got enough to settle the dust this morning. Watched rain going around us several times this week. Got cracks in my back yard wider than my fist and some of them are 3 feet deep. Neighbors are trying to fill their's in so their horse won't break a leg.
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I was, until this morning.. I woke up to the most wonderful clear liquid falling freely from the clouds.

Its been raining here since about 4 this morning. steady drizzle and the temps been in the mid 80s THANK GOD. Plus There wasnt anything going on at work so I got off at like 8:30 am and went to the range to burn the burn pit off in the rain. So far its been a great day, im gonn amake my rounds here while the wife showers and were headn to cabelas to spend some money..
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Check this joker out. I took these yesterday afternoon.

We have nicknamed it notsogrand canyon. Its in the top of the waste water disposal field we dump in. And yes that is a full size Fr8liner in the background and my boot is a size 13W..:eek:

Attached Files:

15. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

We got a couple of inches last night.