who's reloading tonight?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by cycloneman, Feb 20, 2009.

1. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

I was priming .45 auto brass the other night and ran into those pesky small primer cases. Turns out they are from four boxes of new Federal Champion 230gr. FMJ RN I got to break the Ruger in. Nothing on the box to indicate they are something different and the case head stamping are just the normal Federal 45 Auto you would expect to see. They were on sale for $16.95/50 so I just picked them up and went on shopping. Surprise, surprise when I tried to put a large pistol primer in them when they got mixed in with the rest of the brass. Guess I am going to half to open every box before I buy in the future. Is this going to become standard or what?
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I picked up several hundred rounds at the range last month when renewing my CCW. Came home dumped em all in the viberator. Then discovered that the small primer cases are all mixed in with the large! I'll have check each one, and seperate them. Might throw out the small primer cases. I have plenty of the standard.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Myles! Got one coming up next weekend!

Fort Worth Gun Show
    at Amon Carter Exhibit Hall
    Feb 11, 2012 & Feb 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX

Ill go with ya.
  4. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Loaded some more testing rounds with this new bullet.

[​IMG]
  5. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I loaded up 1200 9mm yesterday then set up the press for .357 Mag today and got a couple hundred done before time to start cookin for the game. Hopefully get back to it this week and finish the other 1000 before going on to .38 spec.
  6. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Well as i am a 3rd shift guy, I set the press up last night for 200 380's and did them up. Now on to some rifle but not shure what cal i want to do up. got to many diffrent cals:eek:
  7. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Loaded 350 rounds of 45LC last night, pretty HOT STUFF. I know a really nice fellow who just loves his new Ruger Redhawk Double Action!
  8. carver

carver Moderator

Spent the last couple of days loading up, 500 rds of .38 DEWC, 200 rds of .45ACP lead RN, 200 rds of .44 mag. I got the vibrator going with about 200 more .38's, and found a new unopened bag of .44spcl. I guess I'll spend a few hrs. in there again tomorrow.
  9. Little Rooster

Little Rooster New Member

bought a bucket full of culls(cheap) , sort them off into calibers going to start tearing them down to recycle

this would technically be reloading the reloads
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Gettn geared for TFF TX eh Myles?
  11. carver

carver Moderator

Yeap! Now I gots to go buy some more bulets! Brass wouldn't hurt either, maybe some powder, and primers!!!!!! Can't wait for some more of that BBQ, and all the tall tales I know I'm hear, and tell! :eek::D
  12. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

did up 40 rds. of 300 savage for the first time. I thought that they were some nice rds. to make up. did not take long and the sizing went smooth.
  13. Little Rooster

Little Rooster New Member

sorted up and did a final inspection on some .44-40 rounds before boxing. On new brass they're shiney pretty
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I got buckets of 12 ga hulls to do.. prolly work on em after work tomorrow.. :)
  15. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

I'm loaded up pretty good at the moment, what I need to do is shoot. Went to the local gun shop with a couple of the other Old Guys this afternoon as one of them wanted to purchase a new Ruger LCP or LC9, he chose the LCP. I picked up a pound of powder and a 1000 primers. The stock of ammo and components was the largest I have seen in a while. I mean pallet load stacks of ammo clogging the aisles. Powder and primers were in good supply also. Powder was priced around $19/lb., primers were $34-$36/1000 with three mfgs to choose from. Blazer 22lr. was $16/525, Blazer Brass 380acp. was $16/50, Blazer Brass .38spl. was $17/50, Federal 9mm was $12/50, .40S&W was $15/50 and .45acp was $17/50. They had Fed. green tip 5.56 for $170/420 in an ammo can just to give you an idea. The Ruger LCP with Lasermax was $330, $300 without the laser. This is a high volume gun shop, take a number, now serving no. 87, type of place but it is the major retailer of shooter's supply in this area.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012